Ultraloq joins Works with Home Assistant

The consensus is clear. +1 to WiFi / bridge support. Z-wave is clearly the minority here. There is literally no one saying “thanks for the Z-Wave integration, this works great!” “Zero installations” is perfectly believable. This was a wasted engineering effort that does not fulfill the user base requirement today. All it does is set them up for future sales. Which I (and what sounds like most people) will not be doing strictly to integrate this into HA.

1 Like

Not true.

But true, ha has had zwave forever, I am not sure what this “works with…” adds to anything. I guess firmware updates?

1 Like

There was no engineering effort. They just simply committed to whatever the parameters are to be a partner which for Z-Wave is minimal. Creating a wifi/Bluetooth intergation would require an engineering effort.

Any luck? I’m thinking about giving this a crack this week.

I have not tried but I did just order 2 of their Bluetooth locks. Are you going to look into the Bluetooth version or wifi?

Has anyone found a way to integrate via Bluetooth or wifi? Just bought one, didn’t care to check for zwave since I don’t even have the zeave antena

I have been using the U-Bolt Pro Zwave for about 1.5 months with HA.
It is certainly working well enough to keep in place. Hoping for improvements in future.
The included ‘door open/close’ switch does not work with steel doors (as per instructions) so use a separate door (ZSE41) so HA knows door status. Using an automation, i can lock the door when closed after 30 seconds. I can also retract the bolt if the door is already open (saves my door frame from the smash of the dead bolt). Works 99% of the time, only time it does not is when the lock is manually unlocked, ‘sometimes’ it does not report that to HA (very rare). The app is 100% correct, it is just the reporting to the HA. I have yet to figure out determining ‘who’ unlocked the door, but it must be available as the name appears in the ‘Logbook’ in HA. The lock itself is perfect IMO, the finger print and number pad work 100% of the time. VERY good implementation of zwave and HA.

I’m hoping someone will try soon.

I also found this which could be useful for learning the Bluetooth API for the locks. I will be attempting this soon for my latch 5 Fingerprint lock.

anyone got this bt or wifi unit working? Ultraloq U-Bolt Pro Smart Deadbolt

Working on attempting to reverse Engineer Bluetooth for 2 of my locks. Next step is Bluetooth snooping and hoping an esp32 can easily control these.

1 Like

Ultraloq/HA team, you should really expand the “works with HA” features here… The Zwave integration works but is so barebones. You can only control the lock/unlock and the door sensor status never updates.

Love the lock and the features, but creating an announcement blog post claiming tight “works with” only because it works with Zwave is pretty ridiculous.

2 Likes

Got a WeLock electronic door lock which also can be combined with a BT LE/Wifi Gateway. The same gateway is available for other brands. So I guess the locks all work the same. This probably would be easier to reverse-engineer because the box must run some kind of OS (probably busybox) and wifi packets can be easily sniffed.

hey man made any progress on this? i hadn’t tackled it yet and did not want to try and reinvent the wheel

I have not had much time lately. I’m hoping to soon. We could try to tackle it together if that helps. I have the zwave lock with Bluetooth and the new latch5.

I tried getting a btsnoop log once but I don’t think it logged anything for some reason so I will need to try again.

sure. a little bit after replying to this thread i found this gem:

it’s something i can also look into, maybe we’ll be able to get it to work using smart things + HA without having to go through all the trouble of sniffing wireless packets left and right

I don’t use the wifi on the lock because of the battery drain wifi brings so I would need to get ble workin for any home assistant control lol.

For those that have the U-Bolt Pro Z-Wave successfully connected to HA, did you get the blue flashing light when you put the lock into inclusion mode?

I have been able to pair the lock successfully to HA several times at each of the three security levels, but the lock does not respond to commands. It locks and unlocks with Bluetooth via my phone, but will not respond to Z-Wave commands.

The lock never did flash Blue when placed in Inclusion Mode, as indicated by the instructions in the app.

I’m lost as to what the problem may be.

I was able to connect mine to HA following the directions for standalone mode. I can’t use their app, but given their total horror show of cloud security, (they have a post bragging about their cloud security which amounts to “we use AWS, and we encrypt all data including passwords with the md5 algorithm”) I want as little as possible to do with their software.

I thought you were joking, but yes they actually say they use MD5: https://support.u-tec.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004273952-How-Secure-is-U-cloud-U-tec-App-

In particular:

1. The Users’ data (name, ID, password, fingerprint, keyfob) have been encrypted by the MD5 algorithm.

I hope this is just a docs mistake on their part, and that they aren’t storing fingerprint data in the cloud at all.

I was surprised that https://partner.home-assistant.io doesn’t mention “security” at all as a requirement for being in the program.

1 Like