Unabke to acces port 8123

My hassio was working well till friday…
Now i cant acces it anymore…
I am able to acces the 3218 port and enter my config.yml
I am able to acces the 5050 port and acces my dasboard…
Just 8123 isnt working…
Fid i screw the config file up?
What do i need to place in the config file to be able to acces my hassio again?

Thx

what did you do right before it screwed up?

i would start with undoing that and see if it fixes it.

otherwise you really don’t give any useful information to help anyone help you.

Have a look here. If I were you I would check my home assistant logs.

The usual first response is clearing you browser cache. ctrl-f5 in most cases.

Thx everyone. Will check it asap… How to acces the logs if i cant enter home assistant? Its strange i am able to reach the dasboard i created , i can reach the configurator , just port 8123 is unreachable… Wil clear cache and check if it helps but i doubt it because ive tried on different devices and no luck . Bu i will give it a shot! Thx

You can get to the logs by SSH or SAMBA into your system if you have that set up (port 22, but as said, you’d have to have that set-up).
I figured because you mentioned other ports, you´d likely be able to get to that.

Port 22 didnt work…
I could acces a log file in the configurator , that said that my time zone is wrong… Changed it , no succes…
Also this files dates at feb 16th and diesnt update anymore… Should i just completely rewrite my config.yaml? Is tha an option , to start with a fresh setup? Its not that i had a log going allready… I just started with hassio, maybe i should complete startover… And then back up my files… Maybe its a good lesson for me…

It´s a little bit difficult to help out without more concrete information. If you can access the configurator, I would go to the homeassistant.log file and see what it says.
If that said the time zone is wrong and it didn´t work, the logfile should be updated again with new information at a reboot, but as you say it is not updating… very strange, so I would start with a clean setup and then copy back specific files if you want from the backup (backups are like archives so you should be able to find the right files and then completely replace or I would copy-paste concrete pieces).

Any time you change config, make sure you first run the check config option to ensure all is good.

I managed to get in! Probably had more with luck to do than skills but i am in. Checked my config and now says that altitude , longitude , name etc… Is wrong… Alltough i just gave in what it is … Strange that i am getting these errors…

Great. Hope you’re able to figure it out!

probably ought to post the contents of your configuration.yaml file.

make sure you post in the correct format per the blue box above.