Unable to access HA through web UI, but SSH and Samba work fine

Great community. New to Hassio. Had Hassio up and running. But now I can’t access via hassio.local or through MY_IP_ADDRESS:8123

My Hassio Samba shares show up and are available, but can’t log into the UI. I can SSH into my RPi, and have done a reboot through SSH. I can ping Hassio (RP3b+) IP address with no problems.

I get “ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED” in Chrome browser window when I try to connect.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Appreciate all of you who have made learning HA a lot easier.

have you enabled the new auth?
have you locked yourself out (IP_Ban)?
can you post config yaml?

see the instructions at the top of the page and post config as a code block please.

thanks for bearing with me. took a minute to figure out, but reposted.

David

Not sure what “new auth” or IP_Ban is. How would I check. I feel like its a port issue, being that I can connect to the RPi and to the ports for TasmoAdmin and Hassio Configurator. Am I on the right track?

Again, so thankful for your help.

I suspect it’s something to do with this:

# Customization file  !include customize.yaml
  customize:
    input_boolean.weather:
    custom_ui_state_card: custom-weather-card
    config:
      weather: yweather
      sun: sun.sun

Doesn’t look right.
Can you use samba or ssh to see what the log file is reporting?
Did you validate your configuration and did you restart hassio via the GUI or pull the plug?
See I’m thinking you just pulled the plug and didn’t validate the config (which restarting via GUI does do)

Configurator and TasmoAdmin are independent of the GUI in a different container so they will work.
Just read you rebooted via ssh…
What changes did you make from when it was working?

customize:
    input_boolean.weather:
config:
  weather: yweather
  sun: sun.sun

I think actually it’s the config section is not under customize and you need to get rid of leading spaces

Last night I did validate from within Hassio, and restarted through Hassio as well. It was working this morning. I had to restart and move some equipment around this afternoon. I connect through WiFi, but can hookup to LAN if that would help.

also per my above post, as well as moving the config: to the left, make sure you have not duplicated it elsewhere in config yaml

and what is in the log???

David,

Forgive me, but I’m not sure how to look in the log. I have PuTTy and can log in, but as far as where to look I don’t know.

from ssh
nano config/home-assistant.log
or if you have samba (SMB) go to \hassio in explorer and navigate to config and double click on the log file

David,

I’m in!!! I went in and commented out those lines that you had pointed out. That must have made the difference. Thanks so much for being so patient. I appreciate your time and help.

yeah you have the config: section indented and it shouldn’t be. See above.

Actually, I think this is what you want. The weather and sun were wrong as well:

customize:
    input_boolean.weather:
config:
weather: 
  -platform: yweather
sun: