Unable to add Abode, getting "KeyError: 'token'"

Hi All,

Trying to setup Abode in HA. I am getting the following error when entering my username and password correctly. Everything is the default in the configuration.yaml file except:

abode:
username: my_username
password: my_password

ERROR in the Log:

2018-07-05 16:02:13 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component abode
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 146, in _async_setup_component
component.setup, hass, processed_config) # type: ignore
File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/abode.py”, line 136, in setup
username, password, cache, name, polling, exclude, lights)
File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/abode.py”, line 97, in init
get_automations=True, cache_path=cache)
File “/Users/tim/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python/site-packages/abodepy/init.py”, line 98, in init
self.login()
File “/Users/tim/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python/site-packages/abodepy/init.py”, line 140, in login
self._token = response_object[‘token’]
KeyError: ‘token’
2018-07-05 16:02:13 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event call_service[L]: domain=persistent_notification, service=create, service_data=title=Invalid config, message=The following components and platforms could not be set up:

Please check your config., notification_id=invalid_config, service_call_id=4363124688-3>
2018-07-05 16:02:13 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=persistent_notification.invalid_config, old_state=None, new_state=<state persistent_notification.invalid_config=notifying; title=Invalid config, message=The following components and platforms could not be set up:

Please check your config. @ 2018-07-05T20:02:13.303292+00:00>>

Username and Password appear to be entered correctly as if I enter it incorrectly I don’t see the above error, but a generic ‘username and password do not match’ error. Any ideas?

Try disabling 2FA on your Abode account. The Home Assistant plugin apparently doesn’t support it. That worked for me.

If it could give a better error message or support UI to exchange the 2FA token to get a durable session for future reboots, that would be ideal.