Unable to add Homekit Controller after removal

For some reason, I am unable to add back the homekit_controller integration back after removing it.

It does not auto-discover as some of the other integrations do after removal. So I hit the + button and try to add, I get to the point where I need to pick a device to add and all the devices showing up a are Lifx bulbs which are already included in the Lifx integration.

I should say, I have a Homebridge instance which I am using to expose Vivint sensors/devices to HA. Homebridge is running on a docker and is up i.e. I can long into Homebridge.

The first time I installed Homebrodge, HA automatically notified me of a new Homekit Controller integration and I was able to pair it with the Homebridge pairing code. I removed the integration as some of the entities were not being exposed due to ID conflicts.

Appreciate any help to figure out what might be the issue.

This issue stemmed from me wanting to delete devices and found no other easy way than to delete the integration.

Well I reinstalled the homebridge docker and it was auto-discovered. Once I delete the homekit controller integration I have to delete my homebridge docker and reinstall it so it gets a new number.

Did you figure this out? I also accidently deleted a home kit controller device, now when I try to add that integration, I get the message “No unpaired devices could be found”
Not sure how to bring this back now

Hello, I solved it by disconnecting from the voltage for 10 minutes the relay that I wanted to add back to the HA. In your case, can you disconnect it?

I just reset the homekit devices, then re-added them.

I have the same issue with Aqara M2 hub that can only connect to HA using HomeKit controller.
I had to reset the device due to need to change the region it was working on.
Since than, no reset, soft or hard helps, no power disconnection.
I have no Apple device. I have 3 such units, 2 are LAN and one it WiFi.
None can be added. The strange thing is that the 3 one is new and was seen on the discovery list once or twice with no luck in pairing it to HA.

Hello.

Was anyone able to solve this annoying issue?
I had to reset my network (new router) and readd my homekit enabled devices to home assistant and for some reason only one of them reappeared (xiaomi smart hub). The rest of them (Xiaomi Bedside Lamp, Xiaomi Desk Lamp, Yeelight Lightstrip Plus, Aqara Hub M1S and Aqara Hub E1) never showed up ever since, even after soft/hard resetting them, leaving them unplugged for an hour etc. I can’t even add them to homekit with my iPhone by scanning the homekit sticker. I quickly spun up a new home assistant instance in docker to check if it was related to my home assistant installation from my raspberry pi but in that instance the issue is the same: i can only see the Xiaomi Smart Hub and nothing else.
This issue is driving me nuts since i have no other option of connecting these devices (and the sensors connected to the aforementioned gateways/hubs to home assistant. Is this the way apple intended the homekit devices to work? Connect them once and then if whatever happens you need to reconnect them, you need to buy new ones?
Any help is much appreciated.

Same thing here.

I have a Aqara Hub added over HomeKit Controller. There are a few sensors connected to that Hub which showed up in Home Assistant.

Then I had to reset one of the sensors. Since then it didn’t work in Home Assistant anymore.

So I deleted it from Home Assistant and hoped that it would be added after restarting the integration or Home Assistant but it didn’t.

I unplugged the Aqara Hub for more than 30 seconds - nothing.

This sensor doesn’t get added to Home Assistant again.

Nobody here knows how to solve this?

1 Like

I have the same problem, Have you found out what the problem is ?

Anyone? I installed and configures Aqara FP2 via Homekit on HA… then change the detection regions on Aqara app… that movement turn my sensor unavailable on HA. So I removed and rested it many times… unsuccessfully readded it on HA.