Unable to add new WLED device

Hi,

I added a 4th WLED device to my house and network and I try to get it into HA. The previous 3 were added some time ago and all 3 were automatically discovered instantly, but the 4th one isn’t and when I try to add in manually in the WLED integration, it reports: “Unknown error occured”.

I am able to open the webgui of WLED and I am able to ping the IP from my HA box.

The WLED doesn’t contain anything complex, just 10 segments and 1 preset.

Also tried to add it through MQTT, but it also doesn’t appear in HA that way. It does appear in MQTT when I use a MQTT explorer, but only “online” messages appear, even when changing the colors, effects and on/off state.

Adding it by IP with debug logging on, produced the following info:

2023-12-17 18:22:11.161 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.wled] Finished fetching wled data in 0.360 seconds (success: True)

2023-12-17 18:22:14.272 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.wled] Finished fetching wled data in 0.291 seconds (success: True)

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/wled/config_flow.py", line 40, in async_step_user

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/wled/config_flow.py", line 117, in _async_get_device

return await wled.update()

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/wled/wled.py", line 275, in update

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/wled/models.py", line 694, in __init__

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/wled/models.py", line 695, in <genexpr>

2023-12-17 18:22:18.602 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.wled] Finished fetching wled data in 2.408 seconds (success: True)

2023-12-17 18:22:20.992 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.wled] Finished fetching wled data in 0.191 seconds (success: True)

Not sure where to look/check next.

Maybe WLED got flashed “wrong”, though it seems to work just fine through the webgui.

Amy tips/suggestions are appreciated.

With kind regards,

Martijn

This is probably a WLED issue.
More info: https://github.com/Aircoookie/WLED/issues/3599