Unable to cast to 1 of 6 Google Home Devices

So I have 6 Google Assistant Devices.

• 2 Nest Hubs
  • 1 Home Mini
  • 1 Google Home (Original)
  • 2 Lenovo Alarm Clocks

1 of my Nest Hubs results in this error when attempting to cast an audio file.

Logger: homeassistant.components.cast.media_player
Source: components/cast/media_player.py:405
integration: Google Cast (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 3:55:25 PM (9 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:12:41 PM

Failed to cast media http://192.168.0.33:8123/media/local/JetsonsDoorBell.mp3?authSig=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpc3MiOiI5N2ZkZTM1ZDY4MjI0NGJjYTZiOGRkOGVhMmEyZDhhYSIsInBhdGgiOiIvbWVkaWEvbG9jYWwvSmV0c29uc0Rvb3JCZWxsLm1wMyIsInBhcmFtcyI6W10sImlhdCI6MTcyNjYxMDg5NCwiZXhwIjoxNzI2Njk3Mjk0fQ.jDtaC50xFP9FJY7UpXebJYjIKHZF8C7YgENTluEe1ug from internal_url (http://192.168.0.33:8123). Please make sure the URL is: Reachable from the cast device and either a publicly resolvable hostname or an IP address

The other 5 devices work just fine and all announcements and automations work fine and anything I play to them works without fail. All of the devices are on the same network and are not separated. I have attempted a factory reset of the Nest Hub and I have rebooted my entire network. Casting from Home Assistant to the Hub does wake the hub up, but it never plays. Other cast apps can cast to the device in question. I have also attempted to use the Nabu Casa address as my internal and that does not correct the problem either.

Does anyone have any ideas that I might not have tried?

The problem reported is not reaqhing the cast device, but that the cast device is not able to access the url with the doorbell sound. Did you check if the url is reachable from a browser?

I think you might need to allow access to urls in configuration yaml, but I do not remember exactly.

Yes I can access it from a browser on multiple different PCs on my network. Also I have 5 other Google Devices that can play it without issue.

Also adding urls or url in configuration yaml does nothing and dev tools shows it is unknown.

I started having the exact same issue yesterday. I have (5) 1st generation Google Home Mini’s. One of them is unable to cast/play a local IP based URL or anything in the Media folder. All the other mini’s can cast the exact same URL and media folder.

I have tried resetting the mini to factory defaults, re-configing, and it won’t work. I can cast external links, but not local IP URL links - including the media folder. I can reach the links fine from a browser and the status just shows “idle”. Not sure what is going on here unless Google is sending something out that is breaking local IP casting.

You’re not alone. The Google Home is still working fine, and the connection between Home Assistant and Google is stable. I can still adjust its volume from Home Assistant without casting TTS to it

Well at least I am not alone, just annoying since some of my alerts are cast to it.

Same here. I can wake it up and change volume from HA without problem, just no local cast to the 1 device. At least I am not alone.

So I am not sure what really happened at this point, but it is working again after the power was out for more then 2 hours today. I am really lost as to how that solved it cause I restarted everything to attempt to solve it before I posted this question. Apparently something just went haywire for awhile.

What I have decided to do is move away from the native Home Assistant casting to my Google Home Mini speakers. I installed the Music Assistant HA Add-On, added the Music Assistant Integration to HA, and now I can use Music Assistant’s method to cast to the Google speakers. It not only works fine on all of them, but adds so many more capabilities. I am going to re-work my alerts to be announcements using Music Assistant so audio can pause/resume for announcements (like door open/close), etc. And I pulled all my audio files into it, so it is a massive music player as well. Very cool add-on that fortunately I discovered only after having this issue with one of my Google Mini speakers. All working again using that method. I still have no clue what caused the one to stop working with HA/cast. It works fine using any other cast method and also works fine using Music Assistant.