Unable to change config for zwave in homeassistant service call

Hello,

I am unable to set or print config parameters in homeassistant (service call and automation). However, I don’t get any error log in homeassistant log nor anything in OZW log and the service calls are sent “succesfully”.

Other services like add_node remove node etc is working fine and I get data in OZWlog.

For example I try to change the alarm level on my Aeotec siren to low level (parameter 37, value 257) I try to send this in Zwave set_config_parameter service call (my siren has node_id: 15):
{ "node_id": 15, "parameter": 37, "value": 257 }

I get service called in the bottom left and no error in the HA log, but as I said no action in the OZW log or any changed parameter on the siren…

When I open openzwave panel I can set the config just fine and they are transfered to homeassistant so I can configure devices just fine, but with my siren I wanted to chage the sound and volume based on automation…

Thanks in advance for all help!

3 Likes

Yes I think something was broken in the newest version or something. I have 2 Honeywell zwave thermostats and for some reason, I cannot change the mode of either Thermostats meaning I cant go from say, off to cool. When I do so in Homeassistant, there is a delay then a service all to the thermostat and then it comes back with just the state that the thermostat is in. Im not sure where I should start logging things in order to upload so that this problem can be analyzed.
This did work previously.

Is there a way to backup to a certain version to see when this might have been broken? Maybe 1 or 2 version before the latest one.

thanks and I hope that all made sense. LOL

OH BTW.
I have re-installed HA multiple times and on different machines and in different ways with the same results

Another BTW
When the status of the Therm changes, example, if I manually go turn the thing onto cool or something, HA will reflect that change. I just cant control the Therms via HA anymore.

@matteskonto I am in the exact same situation.

I wrote a post on automating changing the parameters which should work in theory but I getting nothing from the logs when trying to set or print parameters from the service call.

Very hard to debug and I guess something is broken if we both have the exact same issue.

Any tips on how to go about resolving this as I am a bit lost.

I just filed a bug-report for this issue (https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/7608) as I have a similar problem.

It looks like only values corresponding to the line number in the z-wave configuration file can be sent. Try a sending a value of 1 or 2 and see what happens.

1 Like

Thanks @ronnyskogberg, good spotting! I can confirm this works as a work around for now.

Since the latest version of HA 0.45 (with the new Zwave panel options), setting the config parameters using the old services panel (domain: zwave) now does not seem to work.

Can anyone confirm this is the case?

I may also be having trouble with automations setting config parameters too but I need to look into it further.