Unable to configure Imou Camera Bullet 2C with ONVIF

no problem :wink: but I don’t know how to set up sensors… none is created automatically for me. If anyone knows how to do it let us know…

If you use Onvif device manager https://sourceforge.net/projects/onvifdm/ you can see in “events” that motion sensing works on camera

Great, i got my cue-2c now also added with the same settings. The connection, i can see that in the icon, but the stream doenst, im on 2021.1.5, should i upgrade to 2021.2.x?

i cannot find the password, on the camera i have only a safety code but it doesnt work. EDIT my bad, it is case sensitive

in my imou bullet 2c the password was the “backup code” stamped on the camera, the user is admin, the pass is changeable in the app

1 Like

Big Thank You from me! finally i got the cameras into my HA. I already had 2 bullet lite cams and they were very easy to install but with theese 2 new bullets i dont think i would have figured this out…

1 Like

I used HA ver. 2021.6.6 Comfirm too, I add Imou Camera Bullet 2C with ONVIF with default Onvif integration and set port 80 the camera’s IP user:admin / pass: safety code in app Imou Life.

1 Like

Hi - While I can add my Bullet 2C into Hass - I cannot see a live stream! (though can via VLC). Anyone have any ideas? And does it work for them?

If you have a H265 cam, you must download the config tool and change compression to H264 on the camera settings and then you can add via Onvif integration.

1 Like

Thanks for that - that made it live stream fine. If only events would come through ONVIF now…

Hi, have been using the onvif intetgration for a while on a Cue 2c, the thing is that now I’m not receiving audio in any of the two streams. Same happen using VLC.
Any advice?
Thanks

Hi thre, old subject for you but new for me… did you manage to get sensors available in HA?

1 Like

I suppose that bullet cameras have motion sensors defined on sw basis, not hw. That’s the only possible explanation i can give

Hello everyone,

sorry but I cannot add camera via onvif.

This is what I added

user is admin:password that I use to stream camera in vlc

password is safety code I found on top of the camera (same in the imou life app)

any hint?

for the record: user must be only admin, without :pass

I have an Imou Bullet 2c 4mp, and I can’t for the life of me get 1440p (4mp) h265 stream to play anywhere, with the exception of the Imou life app.
I tired the ConfigTool to change settings.

ODM finds the camera, but won’t play h265 at all. 1440p will only work with h264b.
VLC will not play the stream at all. Tried h264, h264b, h265 with both 1440p and 1080p.

Any suggestions?

I think you need ONVIF Profile T to support H265 however this consumer grade camera most likely doesn’t have it. Stay with H264 as it’s officially supported in HA.

do you have another link for this tool? yours doesn’t work anymore for some reason

can you upload that tool somewhere? for some reason I can’t find it on the imou website

Yeah, IMOU seems to have removed the ConfigTool, and the only downloadable PC app one does not offer changing the codec.

Here you can download the Daua Config Tool (Imou is a Daua sub brand):
https://dahuawiki.com/ConfigTool

The Config tool is still there. And it finds all my cameras (Dahua and IMOU).

However I can’t connect to the IMOU cameras to change any settings UNLESS my PC is on the same subnet as the camera. My camera received an IP of 192.168.5.196 but my PC is on 192.168.1.100. The masks are set right and I can’t see any reason why this config shouldn’t work. But it doesn’t.

When I changed my IP to 192.168.5.222 I was able to connect using ‘admin’ and the ‘safety code’ on the bottom of the camera.

This allows me to configure the Main and Sub streams. The IMOU watermark can be ‘removed’ by enter a Channel Name.

I tried other apps recommended on various forums to config the IMOU but none worked… but they could have all failed because of the network subnet issue. You can find those tools here.

Many thanks for your help on this post.