Unable to connect to HA on rasberry pi 5

Good day

can someone with a better understanding of how to install home assistant on a Rasberry Pi 5 kindly assist.

I flashed the home assistant on a 64GB SD card, which I inserted into the Pi after it was done. then connected the ethernet cable to the Pi and power supply.

I’m struggling to connected to the Pi via http://homeassistant.local:8123/ but I keep getting the below error.

This site can’t be reached

Check if there is a typo in homeassistant.local.

• If spelling is correct, [try running Windows Network Diagnostics](javascript:diagnoseErrors()).
    DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

can someone with vast knowledge help me diagnose if the problem is with the Pi or the home assistant.

NB: I’m a beginner and don’t have vast knowledge of computers so if possible keep the response in plain English

This is a known issue with the HAOS 12.4 release, unfortunately, see HAOS 12.4 install created on Windows 10+ fails to boot on RPi 5 · Issue #3437 · home-assistant/operating-system · GitHub.

As a work around, flash the previous version you can find here: Release Home Assistant OS 12.3 · home-assistant/operating-system · GitHub. Download haos_rpi5-64-12.3.img.xz and flash that image using the Raspberry Pi Imager.

1 Like

thanks for your advice, it worked.

1 Like