Unable to connect to the front end (Solved: Migrated to Remote UI)

Are there any errors in the homeassistant.log file in the config folder?

Most of them are warnings and some waze travel time errors.

Will comment some components, like waze and do another restart.

2019-04-04 23:10:41 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.http]    legacy_api_password support has been enabled. If you don't require it, remove the 'api_password' from your http config.
    2019-04-04 23:10:47 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder] Ended unfinished session (id=2 from 2019-04-04 20:16:27.968036)
    2019-04-04 23:10:49 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for light.proxy which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
    2019-04-04 23:10:49 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Integrations need to be in their own folder. Change light/proxy.py to proxy/light.py. This will stop working soon.
    2019-04-04 23:10:49 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Integrations need to be in their own folder. Change light/proxy.py to proxy/light.py. This will stop working soon.
    2019-04-04 23:10:51 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor.darksky] The 'update_interval' option (with value '0:05:00') is deprecated, please replace it with 'scan_interval'. This option will become invalid in version 0.91.0
    2019-04-04 23:11:00 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor.template] Template sensor br_day_forecaste1 has no entity ids configured to track nor were we able to extract the entities to track from the value template(s). This entity will only be able to be updated manually.
    2019-04-04 23:11:00 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor.template] Template sensor br_day_forecaste2 has no entity ids configured to track nor were we able to extract the entities to track from the value template(s). This entity will only be able to be updated manually.
    2019-04-04 23:11:00 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor.template] Template sensor br_day_forecaste3 has no entity ids configured to track nor were we able to extract the entities to track from the value template(s). This entity will only be able to be updated manually.
    2019-04-04 23:11:03 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of group is taking over 10 seconds.
    2019-04-04 23:11:03 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of input_boolean is taking over 10 seconds.
RROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: SSL handshake failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "uvloop/handles/stream.pyx", line 609, in uvloop.loop.UVStream._on_eof
  File "uvloop/sslproto.pyx", line 171, in uvloop.loop._SSLPipe.feed_ssldata
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/ssl.py", line 763, in do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()
ssl.SSLError: [SSL: WRONG_VERSION_NUMBER] wrong version number (_ssl.c:1056)
2019-04-04 23:19:30 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: SSL error errno:1 reason: WRONG_VERSION_NUMBER
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "uvloop/sslproto.pyx", line 504, in uvloop.loop.SSLProtocol.data_received
  File "uvloop/sslproto.pyx", line 204, in uvloop.loop._SSLPipe.feed_ssldata
  File "uvloop/sslproto.pyx", line 171, in uvloop.loop._SSLPipe.feed_ssldata
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/ssl.py", line 763, in do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()
ssl.SSLError: [SSL: WRONG_VERSION_NUMBER] wrong version number (_ssl.c:1056)

Maybe something to do with this?

likely…

not that i know how to fix that.

Do you have any more recent backups that you can restore from?

Yes, tried 2 backups but front end doenst pop up on both of them?
Something to do with my router and blocked something?

Found out this topic: Connectivity Issues - duckdns

Apparently it has something to do with DuckDNS and my internal network.
I found out that I can acces my frontend on4G.

Does your router support NAT loopback (hairpinning)?

Dont know but it was working from feb 2018 untill yesterday.
All of a sudden it s.topped and only working on 4G

Ah ok. Unlikely to be the router then.

Did your ISP turn on CGNAT?

It was working when i left for work, when i came back front end wasnt available anymore.
I will try restart my router and see if that fixes the issue

I just gave up :slight_smile:
Updated HASS to 0.91 through 4G and activated remote UI.

Thanks all for helping

What is that “RemoteUI” thing?

I have similar to your problem. LovelaceUI stops working and I have to login to ssh to restart HA in order to connect again, so i’m wondering if this RemoteUI will help me too …

Its the Remote UI service from Nabu Casa

https://www.nabucasa.com/config/remote/

I’m surprised you could use 4G with DuckDNS. The carrieres are nearly all using network address translation. Who’s your carrier?

KPN, a dutch telecom provider

Ah ok. I know nothing about European carriers. All the ones (I know of) in Australia are CGNATed. It’s a pain. I can receive push messages from HA if my main connection goes down but I cant log in to see what is going on.

I was thinking of using a webhook relay service as featured here https://youtu.be/WSVX-LRP1ZI but if Remote UI works I’d rather put my money back into HA.

Indeed.
Was already contributing to HA, so this bug made the switch easy :slight_smile:

It might be a way around my work’s firewall too. I mostly leave my phone wifi off at work because of this.