Unable to control fan using radiotherm

https://home-assistant.io/components/thermostat.radiotherm/ instructions are great, I was able to get setup really fast :slight_smile:

I’m using a git checkout (as I expect to do some hacking) as of today. The .HA_VERSION file contains 0.24.0.dev0 and I launched using hass --open-ui

From Looking For Feedback on Thermostats the fan should be controllable. I can “see” the fan in the web UI along with the current temperature and a slider to set a target temp. Problems/things I need help/education on:

1. I do not see any logging details on the thermostat state/readings (there is regular log output for sun info, INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: old_state=<state sun.sun=above_horizon; azimuth=275.31, friendly_name=Sun,...)
  2. the name appears to be null (can’t see a way to set that)
  3. I do not see a way to change the mode (off, auto, heating, cooling) - I’m not sure this is possible - I’d like to confirm this
  4. I can not see the fan state in the web UI
  5. I do not see a way to turn the fan on/off, the linked post above claims this is possible. I took a look at radiotherm.py code in HA and I’m not sure I see code to set the fan state (I see code to read the state)

I think I was mistaken about #2 with the name being null, it looks like that is the target temp. However I can’t see a way to specify a name.

The current temperaturw is displayed but it is broken across two lines, looks a little like:

thermostat-FF-FF..      null F
                 Currently: 80
                             F

I think there may be a bug in https://home-assistant.io/components/thermostat.radiotherm/

Here is my config:

thermostat:
  platform: radiotherm
  host:
  hold_temp: False

I can pick up the fan to see the state by hacking in a binary REST sensor:

binary_sensor:
  platform: rest
  resource: http://192.168.1.1/tstat
  # 2 == ON (0 = off .. anything other than 2)sensor?
  method: GET
  name: REST GET binary sensor
  sensor_class: moving
  value_template: '{{ value_json.fmode }}'

I ran in verbose mode to sort out #1 and got more in the logging to stdout/stderr by calling:

hass --open-ui --verbose

and got:

INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded thermostat.radiotherm from homeassistant.components.thermostat.radiotherm
INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=thermostat.thermostat47efa5, old_state=None, new_state=<state thermostat.thermostat47efa5=unknown; mode=Off, unit_of_measurement=°F, temperature=None, min_temp=45.0, target_temp_high=None, current_temperature=80.0, fan=Auto, target_temp_low=None, max_temp=95.0, current_operation=idle, friendly_name=thermostat-47-EF-A5 @ 2016-07-09T15:45:00.155009-07:00>>

If I then turn the fan out (outside of HA) I get:

INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded thermostat.radiotherm from homeassistant.components.thermostat.radiotherm
INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state thermostat.thermostat47efa5=unknown; max_temp=95.0, fan=On, friendly_name=thermostat-47-EF-A5, unit_of_measurement=°F, target_temp_high=None, mode=Off, current_temperature=80.0, temperature=None, min_temp=45.0, current_operation=idle, target_temp_low=None @ 2016-07-09T15:50:25.685559-07:00>, old_state=None, entity_id=thermostat.thermostat47efa5>

So the data is in HA, so this looks like a UI bug somewhere. Anything odd about my config before I open a bug?