Unable to control Tuya entity after update

I removed the old tuya integration and then installed the latest update with the new integration.

I have (I believe) followed the instructions for the new tuya integration in that I now have an entity that appears to be connected to my outdoor light strip.

This light strip responds correctly to the android app but does not respond to the home assistant entity being toggled. In fact, when the entity is toggled it just reverts to the current state after a second or so. Note that the entity state does reflect the device state if that state is changed by the app.

Any ideas where to start looking?

Is it not actually responding in HA at all, or are the switches mixed up and turning on 1 socket but that same switch will turn off another. I initially thought mine wasn’t working at all (or at least working sporadically) until I played with it for some time and actually worked out what was going awry.

As I currently only have only one device on the tuya platform, and this device has only just been added, I am confident that the behaviour I am seeing is not caused by any other interactions.

Nothing appears in either the log viewer or logbook which, at least to me, implies that something is just causing actions to be ignored.