Unable to find service hassio.snapshot_full

Dear support after the last update my automated backup is failing, due to a missing services.

Stopped because an error was encountered at November 20, 2021, 1:37:12 PM (runtime: 0.02 seconds)
Unable to find service hassio.snapshot_full

If I start a backup manually it works.

Running:
core-2021.11.4
Newest Version core-2021.11.4

supervisor-2021.10.8
Newest Version supervisor-2021.10.8

Thanks for helping me out.

1 Like

hassio.backup_full

Changed name, 2 releases ago.

6 Likes

Thanks Andrew, I will try to change the name in the automation.

I keep you updated.

Hi I changed in the yaml file snapshot_full to backup_full but still the error, unable to find snapshot_full it doesn’t update with backup

Unfortunately, this doesn’t solve this issue:

The automation "Daily Backups Blueprint" (automation.daily_backups_blueprint) has an action that calls an unknown service: hassio.backup_full.

According to the documentation, the service is backup.create

Nope :frowning:

The automation "Daily Backups Blueprint" (automation.daily_backups_blueprint) has an action that calls an unknown service: backup.create.

No you are right, I’ve just checked on my own home assistant install and the service hassio.backup_full is still available on mine.

So the next question is how exactly is your home assistant installed? Because the fact that the service uses hassio means it needs to be running the homeassistant supervisor (either supervised install, or homeassistant os)

Oh I only have a container installation. But when starting a backup manually from the GUI it works.

That’ll be calling backup.create presumably. There are 2 backup services because they do different things.

Backup.create as far as I can tell, just backs up your config directory.

Hassio.backup_full backs up all of homeassistant and all of the add-ons too.

Thanks that worked