Unable to find service zwave/set_config_parameter

I just purchased a new Inovelli 2nd gen light dimmer with LED notifications. The notification is set through a Z-Wave parameter. I’m able to set the LED color/intensity/effect through the “Developer Tools/Services” menu with the following parameters:

Service: zwave.set_config_parameter
Service Data (YAML, optional):

{
  "node_id": 30,
  "parameter": 16,
  "size": 4,
  "value": 50268725
}

However, trying to translate that into a simple automation does not work:

- alias: Bedroom LED indicator alarm
  id: bedroom_led_indicator_alarm
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: group.all_locks
  action:
    service: zwave.set_config_parameter
    data:
      node_id: 30
      parameter: 16
      size: 4
      value: 50268725

I understand the automation isn’t finished, I was just trying to get any change in lock state to set the LED before I added more logic.

I get the following log entry in homeassistant.log:
2019-11-27 14:54:19 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation] Error while executing automation automation.bedroom_led_indicator_alarm. Service not found for call_service at pos 1: Unable to find service zwave/set_config_parameter

Any thoughts? I’ve been up and down forums and it doesn’t seem like anyone else is having this issue. I’m currently running the following version in a virtual python environment:

Home Assistant 0.101.3

Thanks in advance for any possible help.

Is this error only during startup? The service call isn’t registered until the z-wave network is “ready”, which takes some time on startup. Automations can trigger before that happens,.

You could just ignore the error. Or, you can add a conditional to skip the action if the network is not ready yet. You can also add an additional trigger on when the service is registered.

For a conditional I use the network_ready when triggered sets an input_boolean. But network_ready isn’t always fired if there are dead nodes. The best way might be to set the boolean when the zwave.set_config_parameter service is registered.

1 Like

Thank you for answering so quickly. You’re absolutely right. Apparently I’m not patient enough. The automation does work once the zwave network is up and running. Thanks so much for taking the time to answer this.