Unable to get current_temperature from HeatIt Z-wave thermostat

I have exactly the same issue after including a fx2 thermostat tonight. Editing the OZW xml did not help, one of the three temp sensors already was index=0.

My fx2 is an “old” one, and I don’t know what firmware version that is installed. Yours is new?

I will post any findings here.

Did EXACTLY this for my Heatit Z-TRM2 and now it’s showing the current temp. Thanks @fondberg and @freshcoast.

I have exactly the same issue as you. Did you already find a solution? @henrikrox

I have two different versions of the Heatit thermostat. The older one (TF 021) included without any issues. The new one (TF 056), however show “inclusion failed” or something in the display of the thermostat, when I include the device.

I have earlier included the two thermostats in both Smartthings and Hubitat and if I’m not mistaken, the newer one produced a pop-up in both those controllers asking me for a security code (which can be found on a label on the device). After that, the inclusion went fine.

In HA, that pop-up doesn’t show, and I’m thinking about if that can be the issue? How about the rest of you? Does the Heatit display show any error message during the inclusion?

And as far as I can see, the zwcfg*.xml file seems to be right from the start. Or shall the “Temperature” index be set to 0 as well?

<CommandClass id="49" name="COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL" version="5">
				<Instance index="1" endpoint="2" />
				<Instance index="2" endpoint="3" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="1" index="0" label="External sensor" units="C" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="1" index="1" label="Temperature" units="C" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="0.0" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="2" index="1" label="Floor sensor" units="C" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="25.8" />
			</CommandClass>

TF 021:
old

TF 056:
new

This is my code for the TF056 that works.

<CommandClass id="49" name="COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL" version="5">
				<Instance index="1" endpoint="3" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="1" index="0" label="External sensor" units="C" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="0.0" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="1" index="1" label="Temperature" units="C" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="4.4" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="2" index="1" label="Floor sensor" units="C" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="22.5" />
			</CommandClass>
1 Like

Stopped HA. Replaced my “CommandClass” text with yours and it seems to be working now! Thanks a lot @Magren !

1 Like

I also have this card just to get the statistics on the thermostat etc.
Skärmklipp

How did you @Magren @str2der manage to change the zwcfg.xml file? If I change the file it will change back when I start HA. What I tried with the ssh add-on:

1. ha core stop
  2. change file
  3. ha core start

1. ha core stop
  2. change file
  3. ha core reboot

1. stop zwave network in UI
  2. change file
  3. ha core reboot

I had success doing as described, but about two days ago, things went back to the original state. Showing 0 degrees.

Haven’t been searching or testing anything since then.

Ok for now I use:

Once again did the hack that @Magren had success with and now - knock on wood - it seems to be working even after several days and several restarts of HA!

Hi @Magren and @str2der
Does anyone have an idea how to mitigate this whilst using zwave-js? I searched my installation, but cannot seem to find a zwcfg.xml file. Any help is greatly appreciated!

One of my thermostats mounted outside the room being heated ended up picking the air sensor rendering it “useless”

Oh no! I’m moving to zwave-js soon and I just expected this to work the same way! Then I’m also very interested in a solution for zwave-js!

1 Like

Did you ever get this sorted out? I’m hesistating to switch to zwave-js now that i got all the readings from my z-trm2fx. Bought the newer z-trm3 to another room but i cannot control the settings on it at all.

It has been sorted out in zwavejs.

Oh sounds nice. Can you tell me how it works? Can you get the floor sensor temp, and adjust the temp etc.

I’m using z-trm2fx and the official zwave-js. So all features of the climate control component are working fine including current temperature, setting the target temperature and switching between predefined modes.

Are you using the floor sensor? Since there is no xml to tweak like the old z-wave integration.

Yes, the reading is from the floor sensor.