Unable to get home assistant to start

I was editing a new automation and testing it. After I got it working I decided to get rid of the commented lines and I tried to validate the configutation once more (that was working perfectly before). Then I noticed that the frontend was unable to call the check configuration and that I was getting an error. So I decided to restart my home assistant because I thought that it was just a hiccup. After that I was I unable to boot home assistant. Checked the logs and google a little bit about it, did almost everything that I read in other threads but I’m right now stuck, not knowing what to do to next. Any help would be appreciated.

When I’m running from the console the following

hassio homeassistant check

I get the following

ERROR:homeassistant.scripts.check_config:BURB
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/scripts/check_config.py", line 209, in check
    check_ha_config_file(hass))
  File "uvloop/loop.pyx", line 1451, in uvloop.loop.Loop.run_until_complete
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/scripts/check_config.py", line 381, in check_ha_config_file
    p_config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 267, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 589, in validate_dict
    return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 381, in validate_mapping
    cval = cvalue(key_path, value)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 204, in _run
    return self._exec(self._compiled, value, path)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 284, in _exec
    v = func(path, v)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 630, in validate_sequence
    cval = validate(index_path, value)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 204, in _run
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 249, in _exec
    return func(path, v)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 284, in _exec
    v = func(path, v)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 811, in validate_callable
    return schema(data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 267, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 589, in validate_dict
    return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 381, in validate_mapping
    cval = cvalue(key_path, value)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 811, in validate_callable
    return schema(data)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/config_validation.py", line 345, in service
    if valid_entity_id(value):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 89, in valid_entity_id
    return ('.' in entity_id and
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
Fatal error while loading config: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
Failed config
  General Errors: 
    - argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable

Successful config (partial)

post your configuration

My configuration.yaml? Everything is in separate files so I don’t know if it helps.

parsing it is what’s failing so, without that information no one can help.

I started one by one to comment the seperate configuration files and finally I found the cause that the parsing was failing. So problem solved.