Unable to integrate Shelly TRV

Hi,

I have around 15-20 other Shelly devices integrated without any issues but I can’t manage to add my first Shelly TRV. It doesn’t show up through autodiscovery so I use the manual method and just prior to clicking ‘submit’ I wake the device by pressing one of the physical up/down buttons.

After typing the IP address and clicking ‘submit’, I get a black confirmation box like this:

Supervised HA on RPi 4
Home Assistant 2022.11.2
Supervisor 2022.10.2
Operating System 9.3
Frontend 20221108.0 - latest

Shelly TRV on the latest f/w:

TRV connected successfully to EMQX broker:

Any ideas?

Ok, so yesterday a new update showed up on HA. I installed it, HA rebooted and straight away it auto-discovered the Shelly TRV. Two clicks later I had it working. Whatever it was, I’m glad it’s resolved :smiley:

Home Assistant 2022.11.3
Supervisor 2022.10.2
Operating System 9.3
Frontend 20221108.0 - latest

I am seeing actually the exact same issue.

I do have a Shelly 1 successfully integrated about 1 week ago, with no issues. I bought a Shelly TRV yesterday and I am unable to integrate it. I had running 2022.11.2 and after seeing this post I was hoping it’ll work when updating to 2022.11.3, but it doesn’t. The situation did not change, the Shelly TRV doesn’t show up in auto discovery and when trying to manually provide a host it says failed to connect or gives an empty modal like in the screenshot of OP.

I tried to see logs, but I don’t find any errors in logs.

For testing purpose I downloaded ShellyForHass, which immediately sees the Shelly TRV with no issues, auto discovered. I tried to run a clean fresh instance of Home Assistant, spun it up, and it also doesn’t see the Shelly TRV but connects to Shelly 1 with no issues.

There seems to be an issue with the Shelly core integration.

Any ideas?

Hi there, yeah, I felt that the update had nothing to do with it as they didn’t touch Shelly integration or anything else related to it.

I assume you have CoIoT enabled with the correct IP and port? I also have it connected to MQTT broker but I also don’t believe it makes any difference. My guess it that there is some kind of a bug somewhere and if you give it a few days, do a couple of reboots of TRV/HA/Network router etc, it will eventually work just like it did for me. Good luck!

BTW it might be maybe a good idea to report it as a possible bug in HA but I don’t know what the official process is.

1 Like

Yeah, something is weird here. I’ve made a bug report with all the information I could gather.