Unable to link with Google Home

Hi all,

I’m new with HASS and learning every day.

I started to add my Google Home to HASS, so I can use my smart lamps.
I followed the compete steps and youtube video;

http://automation.moebius.site/2019/01/hassio-home-assistant-integration-with-google-home/

I see the new device as “[test] my test app” so that is what I expect. I click on it, and I have to sign-in on my HASS. When I do that, I see the its “Account is now linked”. I return the the screen where I can do the Set up of a new device but thats it.
When I again click on “Having somrthing already set-up ?”… I see its not linked.

I checked the logs of my docker HASS but I don’t have any log-entry’s

Can someone help me further to connect my Google Home to my HASS?

thanks,
Dave

It sounds like you have the hardest part conquered if you’re getting to the HASS sign-in from the test app. Scanning through the instructions you posted, one thing caught my eye: The syntax (specifically, spacing) for the code provided to paste into configuration.yaml is wrong. I don’t know if this would cause the issue you’re having, but it should be like this…

google_assistant:
  project_id: YOUR_PROJECT_ID
  api_key: YOUR_API_KEY
  exposed_domains:
    - switch
    - light
    - group

Yes.
This did the job. I know have 2 linker items. Device and all automation.
Turning all automations off will turn of some test toggles so this is perfect.

Thanks jparthum

1 Like

I now should be able to control my lights that are configured in my Google home but could you please quickly describe how exactly?
My Google home has another connected account to trust-home account (cloud service) for my bridge and lights.
The lights and bridge and zigbee but I don’t have yet an zigbee2mqtt device, so my Google Home is controlling the lights. Based on some searches I really should have an RFLink or a Zigbee2mqtt device…
Is there some way I can control my lights with HASS ?

I think the google_assistant component does the opposite of what you’re wanting. It allows devices configured in Home Assistant to be controlled by Google Assistant.

Damn!.. okay, in that case I have to build a zigbee2mqtt device so I can connect my lambs to Home Assistant

hello, I have very similar issue and was using the same guide. For me when I click on my test app it redirects me to home assistant then I enter credentials, after that it starts loading (icon spinning) and after that nothing happens, it just do not link… I tried a few times all the steps, but didn’t work still… I tried provided syntax as well but it didn’t help…
Can someone help?

Conbee usb stick and deconz is your friend.
Much better this way as you can still control the devices if the internet is down, but also with the Google integration you can use voice or the g home app

You may have done everything right and Google’s API is just being flaky. I’ve reconnected several times in the last year and the majority of times have required numerous retries. It seems to either work flawlessly or fail catastrophically, with the latter being more common. :confused:

it worked, looks like my mistake with duck dns. thanks for reply :slight_smile: now have different problem but will create different topic.

1 Like

I have the same problem form the same tutorial. What was wrong with ur duckdns?

1 Like