Unable to load ESP32-S2 TFT

New to ESPHome, and I’m having trouble getting the code to load on my ESP32-S2 TFT following the instructions on the “new Device” page. I’ve tried a couple of paths to do the load:

• Via a Chrome browser; I regularly use this to install boot code on the ESP32, and confirmed it was working. However, my HA instance is not HTTPS, so I switched to…
  • Direct connect via USP to the Raspberry Pi running my HA instance

In all cases, I get results like:

INFO Reading configuration /config/esphome/study-tft.yaml...
INFO Generating C++ source...
INFO Core config or version changed, cleaning build files...
INFO Compiling app...
Processing study-tft (board: esp32-s2-saola-1; framework: arduino; platform: platformio/espressif32 @ 3.5.0)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Platform Manager: Installing platformio/espressif32 @ 3.5.0
INFO Installing platformio/espressif32 @ 3.5.0
Downloading  [####################################]  100%
Unpacking  [####################################]  100%          
Platform Manager: [email protected] has been installed!
INFO [email protected] has been installed!
Tool Manager: Installing platformio/toolchain-xtensa32s2 @ ~1.80400.0
INFO Installing platformio/toolchain-xtensa32s2 @ ~1.80400.0
Error: Could not find the package with 'platformio/toolchain-xtensa32s2 @ ~1.80400.0' requirements for your system 'linux_aarch64'

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling ESPHome and ESPHome beta with similar results. I have confirmed that /root/config/esphome/.esphome/build/study-tft/src/esphome/components is populated.

I suspect I’m dealing with a variant of this problem. Given I’m hosted on a Pi, am I out of luck due to the linux_aarch64 architecture? If there are workarounds, I would appreciate a pointer in the right direction; I’ll note I do have an old Intel-based MacPro if that would help.

Yeah you can’t compile some code on a rpi. Try installing esphome on an x86-64 machine.