Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js

Docker is there no matter what. You can’t have the Supervisor without docker. The Supervisor is a docker container.

You either install the image on an SD which comes with docker ready to go, or you install it on some other OS and install docker yourself. The only choice people are making is the OS. People who say “i installed it on Docker” don’t know what actually makes their system different than the version they would flash to an SD card.

That said, you can connect directly to the pi using a keyboard and monitor and use “root” to enter the custom cli, and from there you can enter “login” to continue to the host os console.

2 Likes

I know this issue was closed on January 20th as ‘not a Supervisor issue’. The Supervisor can not be accessed when this happens. This is a systems issue and needs a systems solution.

Mine system is the pre-built HassOS image on and RPi 4. I don’t seem to get anything on the video ports, so the keyboard and monitor solution is not possible. SSH connections are refused.

The only solution seems to be to pull the plug and reboot the Pi.

I’ve only been using HA since last July, and I’ve had to do this a few times. About half the time, the system never comes back on line and I have to start over from scratch.
I’m tired of having to reload the system.
And only once has any of the restore from backup work at all, so I had to re-create my configuration.yaml and my node-red flows.
I have had to completely re-install the entire every couple of months.

This needs a systems solution; even just a way to cleanly restart the RPi.

Is GPIO shutdown enabled on HassOS to enable a hardware shutdown button?

I there ANY other way to recover?

Thanks,
-Mike

Since yesterday, when trying to enter Supervisor I also receive the message “Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js”. I did not install any updates, nor did I do anything else.

My install was via the SD card method on a Pi4.

I browsed all Google hits for “Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js.”, but still do not know what to do, since I cannot SSH to my Pi any longer.

Any advise? Many thanks!

Same exactly as above. I would add that I am currently on 0.107.0 and I can SSH into the device but I get errors every time I try to do anything “connection refused”.

SSH access is not possible any longer, either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

I also got this error.
I found out that the Docker was running in ‘Host’ mode.
When I changed my Docker to ‘Bridge’ mode, the error was gone.
Hope this helps somebody.

I also had these problems. Now, out of the sudden (over night) it started to work again properly. Was there any hotfix on HA side?

1 Like

same issue on fresh install. Am I doing something wrong?
Portainer:

entering supervisor tab

I guess it only worked immediatelly after installation, but not sure…

Arghhhh - same issue for me

Any work arounds to fix?

1 Like

Same error here. Reinstalled several times, it’s okay for the evening, then next morning the same error Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js. pops up. Extremely annoying.

I have the same issue, even after a reinstall. HASS.io on Docker.

Running Hassio in docker on Proxmox 5.4-13 and this is happening to me, 24 hours after a fresh install, even though it wasn’t happening at first.

Mine was within 48hrs. I am there with you. Guessing something is updating and going haywire.

I had the same from overnight - can’t get into Configurator and not a lot has loaded.
Reboot didn’t work.
Remove power cable from RPI for 20 minutes didn’t work.
I have worked around this, hoping its more than a temp fix though, by SSHing into the RPI on port 22222 and doing a restore from last backup:

ha snapshot -----> make a note of the slug id - restore point
ha snapshot restore "2997e2ca"

Seems to have worked so far however root cause probably still remains

Had it as well a few releases ago. Reinstalled a few times, but didn’t succeed in getting rid of the issue. At some point I tried removing some integrations, and at some point the issue was gone. I believe that the MariaDB was the one causing the issue for me, but I’m totally not sure of this… Maybe it helps someone, maybe not…

Problem solved (with a rpi)
I did pull the power off the rpi, with no normal shutdown. (so just a ordinary powerbreak :wink:
After reboot HassIO did fixed himself and the error /entrypoint.js is gone.
It worked in my case and i have read in a post on the github of hassio
Good luck!

2 Likes

So, I tried this, no success by at least turning it off. It was an independent docker image, in my install.

So, found a thread on github, that leans towards this issue being caused by other docker apps, specifically eyeing Watchtower. Seeing as I am moving more into HASS.io, vs individual docker apps deployed outside of the supervisor, I felt this wasn’t a big issue and removed watchtower. If/when I re-find the suggestion, Ill link it to this post. Ill truly feel this fixed the issue, if it holds for a few days.

If I recall correctly, I really removed the MariaDB addon completely so the docker image was gone as well.

Removed Watchtower, restarted Hassio, no go.