Unable to log in to app. Possibly IP banned.. suggestions?

I’m having a real struggle with this. I have 2 mobile devices that I am unable to log in on. I am using the correct user names and passwords (at least on one of them I am certain of this as I created a new user)

When logging in i get the red text saying “invalid username or password”

I’m getting the following server error:

2020-11-24 19:43:18 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.http.ban] Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1) (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 11; Pixel 4 XL Build/RP1A.200720.009; wv) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/87.0.4280.66 Mobile Safari/537.36)

The following notification in HA (logged in on my PC):

Login attempt failed

Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1) (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 11; Pixel 4 XL Build/RP1A.200720.009; wv) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/87.0.4280.66 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Additional relevant information:

Version	0.118.3
Installation Type	Home Assistant Container
Development	false
Supervisor	false
Docker	true
Virtual Environment	false
Python Version	3.8.6
Operating System Family	Linux
Operating System Version	5.7.0-0.bpo.2-amd64
CPU Architecture	x86_64
Timezone	Europe/London
Home Assistant Cloud
Logged In	true
Subscription Expiration	10 December 2020, 0:00
Relayer Connected	true
Remote Enabled	true
Remote Connected	true
Alexa Enabled	false
Google Enabled	true
Reach Certificate Server	ok
Reach Authentication Server	ok
Reach Home Assistant Cloud	ok

Can someone please help me solve this? I’ve looked at various threads on the issue and either I don’t understand the solutions or they don’t work.

Thanks.

There’s a file called ip_bans.yaml in your config folder. Open it, delete everything in it, save the file and restart home assistant.

Regrettably there isn’t. I’d come across that suggestion already. It’s also not in the .storage folder.

Update:

Not sure it’s entirely an IP issue now. I can log devices in if I change their IP AND create a new user for them, but I still cant log in as the previous user, even with a new IP.

Looks like you forgot your previous user’s password.

It does look a bit that way, however, changing the password in the UI doesn’t solve it. and since I created one of the users specifically for a new device and Typed them both in within a few seconds of each other I’m not convinced that’s the case.

Edit: that’s to say I created a user, apparently got IP banned, changed IP, still couldn’t log in, changed user and could log in. The user did initially work before the apparent ban. I didn’t forget the password in the space of 10 minutes.