Unable to migrate from Conbee II to SkyConnect

Hi,
I just received my SkyConnect stick. I wanted to migrate from Conbee II to SkyConnect using ZHA migration procedure.

I made file backup and created ZHA backup just in case.
I made sure that /dev/ is bind mounted to the container and then run the migration.

Migration completed using the wizard, but them there was no communication with the network.

2022-12-14 15:55:07.135 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_zha_quirks/tjj_custom_aqara_plugs/plug_eu.py", line 55, in remove_from_ep
    await endpoint.remove_from_group(0)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/endpoint.py", line 147, in remove_from_group
    res = await self.groups.remove(grp_id)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/zcl/__init__.py", line 324, in request
    return await self._endpoint.request(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/endpoint.py", line 237, in request
    return await self.device.request(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/device.py", line 296, in request
    await self._application.request(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 672, in request
    await self.send_packet(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py", line 685, in send_packet
    raise ControllerError("ApplicationController is not running")
bellows.exception.ControllerError: ApplicationController is not running

I am able to restore network to my previous statue restoring hass files and then restoring zha dongle state from json file backup.

Is there anything wrong with my migration preocedure?

No, but it seems like your Aqara Plug (or rather: the code for that in ZHA) blocks the migration because it tries to remove it from a Zigbee group and fails.

If possible, you can try removing the Plug from the ZigBee group it belongs to and see if that helps.

Thanks for the tip @towo
Unfortuantely, it looks like it did not help. I removed custom quirks and then did the migration. Every mains powered device stopped working. Looks like routers do not work at all.

Example trying to change fan speed on Starkvind.

2022-12-15 11:25:09.559 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zha.core.channels.base] [0x2684:1:0xfc7d]: Could not set speed: Failed to deliver message: <EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED: 102>
2022-12-15 11:25:10.115 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zha.core.channels.base] [0x0BBF:1:0xfc7d]: Could not set speed: Failed to deliver message: <EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED: 102>
2022-12-15 11:25:12.745 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zha.core.channels.base] [0x2684:1:0xfc7d]: Could not set speed: Failed to deliver message: <EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED: 102>
2022-12-15 11:25:13.117 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zha.core.channels.base] [0x0BBF:1:0xfc7d]: Could not set speed: Failed to deliver message: <EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED: 102>
2022-12-15 11:28:41.088 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zha.core.channels.base] [0x0BBF:1:0xfc7d]: Could not set speed: Failed to deliver message: <EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED: 102>

Ok, I’ve been trying the migration for the last couple hours and I finally succedded. In the end I removed Aqara Plug from the network completely, made fresh backup, migrated and restored this fresh backup - not the ones wizard recomended.

Then the migration succeeded. I enabled debug logs and I sometimes see some timeouts etc, but overally the network works. And I can see that more and more devices are becoming available again.

We will see after couple hors/days if it becomes stable.

I hope than I will not longer get lights turning on with full brightness by themselves in the middle of the night (yep, Conbee II does that on zha too).

Thanks for the tip!

How has the migration been going?
I’m also on ZHA work Conbee II-stick and just received my Sky Connect dongle.

Is there a migration procedure at all…? I haven’t found any yet.

Completed. Everything is stable.

I used button to migrate radio.

This is good information as I was unsure if the migration worked when using the Conbee or Conbee II due to a couple of proprietary profiles used be DeConz in the Conbee and Conbee II.
I am due to receive my Sky Connect in the next week and I am replacing a Conbee II. With ZHA I found the Conbee II not to be 100% reliable.

Hinestly I am not happy with Sky Connect and ZHA. I moved all Hue lights to hue hub back. And I am thinking of migrating everything else back to z2m or aqara hub. I just got fed up with constant problems with the networks…

Maybe just need a dedicated Zigbee Stick, like one from Sonoff that works well and just keep the Sky Connect to make a dedicated Thread radio once that firmware is finalised.

So far I have also been unsuccessful migrating from my Conbee II to the SkyConnect. I am running HA in a Virtualbox and all seems to be going fine. The devices even show up as available, but I cannot control anything. I also made sure my Conbee stick is on the latest firmware. No luck. So, as with a lot of things HA. I will put it to the side and come back in three months. By then the software update Gods would’ve probalbly done their thing…

By the way, I also have an Aqara smart plug, but for now I don’t want to bother with it any further.

1 Like

I have the exact same. No luck with migrating from Conbee to SkyConnect. One big mess, turns out even the Conbee database was after several tries corrupt so ended up installing ZHA from scratch again and adding ALL the devices again via the pair mode…

Not even close to the procedure they claim on the internet page for SkyConnect.

2 Likes

Got similar issue.
Migrated ConBee II/ZHA to SkyConnect/ZHA.
Doesn’t work, all ZHA entitie become unresponsive with

homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Failed to send request: Failed to deliver message: <EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED: 102>

After one hour wait, all ZHA entities become unaccessible.

Log says there there but still no reponse.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/__init__.py", line 64, in wrap_zigpy_exceptions
    yield
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/__init__.py", line 84, in wrapper
    return await RETRYABLE_REQUEST_DECORATOR(func)(*args, **kwargs)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/zigpy/util.py", line 131, in retry
    return await func()
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/zigpy/zcl/__init__.py", line 377, in request
    return await self._endpoint.request(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/zigpy/endpoint.py", line 253, in request
    return await self.device.request(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/zigpy/device.py", line 327, in request
    await send_request()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 833, in request
    await self.send_packet(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py", line 931, in send_packet
    raise zigpy.exceptions.DeliveryError(
zigpy.exceptions.DeliveryError: Failed to deliver message: <EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED: 102>

Been trying 10-20 times now.