Unable to mount an NFS share from within a HAOS VM

I used tteck’s Proxmox VE Helper Scripts to spin up a HAOS VM within Proxmox and it worked like a charm. I’m having issues mounting NFS shares from within the VM, though - I get a “Permission Denied” error from the command line.

[core-ssh /]$ mount -t nfs 10.0.1.10:/mnt/data/shared /mnt mount: mounting 10.0.1.10:/mnt/data/shared on /mnt failed: Permission denied

These same NFS shares are able to be mounted from an Ubuntu LXC on the same Proxmox host created from these same scripts (after installing nfs-common), and I’ve removed any and all network filtering from the share so it should be good to go. Does anyone here know if there anything about the way this VM is created that needs to be tweaked to allow mounting of NFS shares?

Permission denied sounds like a missing elevation of your user.
Have you tried a su or sudo command?

Indeed, I’m logged in as root.

Check for all kind of permissions, like how the file system is mounted, like as RO or if it is an overlay system or what else you can come up with.

Upon further investigation, I realize now it’s possible to mount NFS/CIFS shares from within HA, which is clearly the right way to do this. Considering this solved.