Unable to pair Aqara Vibration Sensor

I’m sorry ‘uniquecool’, I can’t help you beyond what I’ve posted above.
(Just a thought - are you keeping HA up to date? There was a recent change that made the vibration sensor much more stable.)
Jim

It feels like how the magic cube behaved. At first it would only add the bacis motion sensors to the configuration during the pairing process, missing lot of functionality. But if during the paring process you would trigger the different states by trowing it up and down, twisting and turing, etc, etc. The device would show up with more sensor entities beneath the device, including there functions. Just to be safe, make sure you trigger a vibrations during pairing.

I’m interested in the Aqara Magic Cube. What Zigbee hub are you using it on? I use the Sonoff hub.
Jim

I too have the same hub. The Aqara vibration sensor I have doesn’t pair. I suspect the cube would be the same and we would need to flash the hub firmware. There is, at-least, Tasmota firmware.

@EHB I flashed my hub with Tasmota using digiblur’s instructions on Youtube). I’m not sure if it makes any difference with Aqara Zigbee devices, though.
Jim

Hi Jim

This has been driving me nuts all day and after finding your suggestion, I got it paired within seconds.

Thank you!

Ed

1 Like

I have had a very good experience with Aqara sensors (motion-light, temp-humidy-pressure, door-window) but not so much with the vibration sensor. After going thru 3 of them just for a simple mailbox jiggle-thing and it being a hit or miss trigger even with the sensor just 25’ from my ConbeeII, I switched to the Sole Home (tuya zigbee) vibration sensor which was not only less expensive but also reliable even with my new mailbox 40’ away.

I have the same issue, however I think I have found the issue. The sensor is directly discovered when near the bridge, but that is not where I need them

I was in the assumption with like 60 hue lightbulbs I had a decent Zigbee Mesh Backbone. I learned that lightbulbs are routers, but mostly with other lightbulbs….

I couldn’t pair any vibration sensor near a Hue Lightbulb, but as soon as I placed it near another type of light (Hue Gloom) in the same room it was really easy and fast.

So if you have issues with connecting; don’t rely on only your lightbulbs!

Source: How to Build a Solid Zigbee Mesh - Hubitat Documentation