Unable to pair Aqara Vibration Sensor

I’m using the ZHA zigbee integration with a Sonoff Zigbee Coordinator, and trying to pair an Aqara Vibration Sensor - but have had no success.

Has anyone had success with a similar setup or has any advice? Do I need an Aqara hub and if so will it coexist with my Sonoff coordinator?
Jim

I had a lot of trouble with one of the same units took ages, my other one only took seconds. Not sure why. Try taking the battery out for a few hours and try again. Make sure after it it’s in pairing mode you continue to push the button every 10 seconds so it doesn’t go to sleep before pairing is finished.

Thanks for the reply Jason.
I’ve tried a few times using your suggestion, with no improvement. I get zigbee related error messages, but don’t really understand them and can’t tell if they’re connected with my problem.
Jim

I’m not sure where to go now:

When attempting to pair by pressing the ‘reset’ button, I get a long flash of the led, followed by 2 short flashes, and after about 2 seconds a long flash.

This is the log:

[0x0000:zdo] ZDO request ZDOCmd.Mgmt_Permit_Joining_req: [60, <Bool.false: 0>]

[0xd35e:1:0x0006] ZCL deserialize: <ZCLHeader frame_control=<FrameControl frame_type=GLOBAL_COMMAND manufacturer_specific=False is_reply=True disable_default_response=False> manufacturer=None tsn=53 command_id=Command.Report_Attributes>

[0xd35e:1:0x0006] ZCL request 0x000a: [[Attribute(attrid=0, value=<TypeValue type=Bool, value=Bool.true>)]]

[0xd35e:1:0x0006] Attribute report received: on_off=1

Jim

Got there in the end!

I tried various permutations of button pressing, but discovered on another post elsewhere a tip to keep re-pressing the button every second, after holding it down to reset and get the blue light to flash. The sensor paired very quickly when I did that.
I initially raised a ticket with Aqara, but they were very unhelpful!

Jim

2 Likes

Hi there, I have the Xiaomi vibration sensor and have a CC2531 zigbee stick. For the life of me, I follow what you mentioned and i can’t get the thing paired. I have had other xiaomi PIRs and reed switches paired no issues just this vibration sensor.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I’m afraid that I can’t help ‘fliptoback’ - I’m using a Sonoff Zigbee Coordinator with ZHA, so my setup is completely different to yours.
Jim

no worries. Thanks for replying.

HI @jimford,

I’m looking into the same setup, namely I’d connect an Aqara vibration sensor [1] to a Sonoff Zigbee bridge [2].

[1] https://www.banggood.com/Original-Aqara-Smart-Motion-Sensor-International-Version-Smart-Home-Vibration-Detection-Remote-Notification-From-Eco-System-p-1344161.html?cur_warehouse=CN&rmmds=buy&p=X0110142748584201912&custlinkid=723808
[2] https://www.itead.cc/sonoff-zbbridge.html

Was your successful connection made between these elements? I’d like to make sure this works before I order [1] (unfortunately Sonoff does not have a vibration sensor).

thanks, Atticus

I’m finding that the Aqara Vibration Sensor is very unreliable.

It either triggers randomly, or the connection fails after a time. I’ve basically given up on it and regret having wasted my money on it.

You might have better luck than me, but I recommend that you avoid it!

Jim

Thanks for the information. I’ll follow your recommendation and will avoid the Aqara vibration sensor.

regards, Atticus

@amaximus
It looks like a HA update has fixed the problem with the Aqara sensor. I’ve given it another try and it’s performed faultlessly for a couple of weeks now, with no spurious triggering.
So maybe you should give one a try.
Jim

@jimford, thanks for the update. I went with Sonoff Zigbee sensor, but will consider Aqara for 5he next purchase.
regards, Atticus

@jimford I’m in the same situation as you was.

I long press the reset button. However the device does not blink until I release the button. When I release the button I get one long blink and two short ones. Was this also what you observed?

I tried to press and hold the button for 5s and the continue to press the button afterward but it does not pair. Was this the procedure you succeeded with?

Does your device blink when you push the button afterwards?

1 Like

@Munken
After I got long and short blinks, I found that pressing and releasing the button every second paired the device. Just holding the button on didn’t do it. From memory, I had to press and release the button about 6 times.

The sensor has been working faultlessly for about a month now.

Hope it works for you.
Jim

So pressing and releasing after that initial 5s long press? Or no long press?

Sorry for being dense. Pairing these sensors are driving me nuts.

it seems I am on same state. I have flashed Sonoff zigbee bridge with Tasmota and configured on HA. I am trying to connect to HA , I see nothing on screen. not even an error.

can someone help me here?

@Munken
Long press until light flashes, then keep pressing and releasing button at approx 1 second intervals.
Jim

@uniquecool
I have the sa,e setup - Sonoff zigbee bridge flashed with Tasmota and connecting with HA.

Try my recommendation to ‘Munken’ below.
Jim

Thank you for the response.
I am sure I am following it the same way, I am not successful for both vibration and water leak sensor. I am able to connect temperature and motion snesor with no issues.

do you think I must be missing something?