Unable to reach the Home Assistant cloud. - DNS issue?

Hey folks. I recently installed HAOS on a Intel NUC for a family member. Everything seems to be working fine except for one issue: logging into the home assistant cloud. I’m trying to get the unit setup for remote access via the home assistant cloud. When I go to login I get “Unable to reach the Home Assistant cloud.” in the UI.

Here’s what I’ve tried:

1. Rebooting the device
  2. Rebooting the DNS with ha dns restart
  3. Installing the terminal add-on and curl google.com. I get Unable to reach the Home Assistant cloud.

It seems something is up with the dns on this device. Here’s what ha dns info tells me:

> ~ ha dns info
fallback: true
host: 172.30.32.3
11mnr: true
locals:
- dns://75.75.75.75
- dns://75.75.76.76
mdns: true
servers:
- dns://1.1.1.1
update_available: false
version: 2023.06.2
version latest: 2023.06.2

Any idea what’s going on? 75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76 seem strange…

If it helps, here’s ha network info:

Its ComCast’s DNS servers.

Oh, the 75.75… IPs? Interesting. Any idea why resolution isn’t working though? I tried manually changing it to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 and it didn’t work either, same issues with failing to resolve.

Try a “ha resolution info” to see if what DNS issues HA sees.

1 Like

Any resolution on this? I have the exact same problem. HA install on NUC and everything working fine. I can download add-ons and I’m receiving updates, but when I try to connect to HA Cloud I get “Unable to reach Home Assistant Cloud” error. I couldn’t sign up inside home assistant, so signed up via website, but still cannot login with HA.

I also have the same problem. HA install on NUC. Everything works except when I try to connect to HA Cloud or Activate Ecobee with a API Key.

So after over 4 months, I tried logging in today and it just worked. I’ve downloaded all the updates over 4 months and tried connecting to cloud at various points and today was the day my HA finally connected. Hopefully others have the same situation.