Unable to reach the home assistant cloud - Nabu Casa

okay. That’s why it doesn’t change anything…

And the problem stay unsolved :slightly_frowning_face:

Could you please review your entire nabucasa setup? I have looked through the thread again

• your first post is that you get a 404 on http://cloud.nabucasa.com
  • are you sure you have your nabucasa auth details (email and password) are correct?

Yes I’m sure that my nabucasa auth details are correct. I can connect to the nabucasa account on their website, but I can’t connect to the cloud from home assistant.

Yep its down for me as well …

Could it be an DNS specific issue?

What do you expect to see at cloud.nabucasa.com?

Hi nickrout, maybe you can add some clarity to this.
I asked the OP where he got this URL from and the answer was (his second post above):

Hi Joerg,
I‘ve seen it on other topics, saying that we can’t reach the home assistant cloud if we have the error 404 message with this link.

I have no idea why people are trying to access the url https://cloud.nabucasa.com

Do you?

1 Like

No, since you’re longer around and more experienced I thought you would have an explanation like “this is an old URL but not in use anymore” or so.

No sorry. If @romain7 told us where he was getting that url from, it might help explain. But “other topics” is unhelpful.

1 Like

I’ve found the topic again :wink:

Okay, thanks. Seems you missed relevant passages:

So you got exactly what some should get, when browsing to this URL :wink:

ps
Guess it was meant as a simple connection test.
If you browse to a website and the webserver don’t has the document you asked for or has no so called default document defined (default.html oder index.php, etc.) and directory browsing is forbidden, a 404 is shown.
But this means not, that other services like f.e. webservices which are provided by that server, are not working.

Yes in fact a 404 message means that you can access cloud.nabucasa.com, but it has nothing to show you. The 404 message is provided by cloud.nabucasa.com, not your browser.

Okay so it has nothing to do with the error message in my home assistant. I thought it could help to figure out why I have this “unable to reach the home assistant cloud” message when I’m trying to connect from Home assistant.

Could come the problem from the Fritz box?

Well, can be, depends if you have any other special configuration like port forwarding etc.
Is the network of the VB Bridged or NATed?

I was with a CG-Nat but now it’s dynamic IP. And I am directly plugged into the main router.

For the moment, I use a VPN directly between my phone and the Fritz box. But it isn’t practical and I would prefer to use the remote control from nabu casa…

I assume you have signed up to Nabucasa and have entered your credentials into HA? Also you did confirm the account from the email they sent you?

What is meant with Nac or was this a typing error and you mean NUC?
What about a Firewall on the host system?

Can you reach cloud.nabucasa.com from within the box where HA is installed, for example with wget https://cloud.nabucasa.com ?
You should be able to connect and get a 404 again.

I’ve signed up to nabu casa and confirmed the account with the mail.

I’ve done nothing else from HA, just tried to connect from the cloud in configuration then Homa Assistant Cloud.

Yes I mean Nac :wink:

I’m not home until Monday (but I can access to HA through VPN). I’ll try directly with the Nac. There’s Norton installed on it. VB is opened into the Norton firewall.

The only thing I know NAC stands for is Network Access Control. Please explain what your Nac is.
NAS?