Unable to renew Lets Encrypt certificate because zone is not deployed

Hi all, I’ve been trying to renew the certificate for my HA installation. I’m using HA OS with the Lets Encrypt addon and I currently get the following output in the log:

s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: starting
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully started
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: starting
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: starting
cont-init: info: running /etc/cont-init.d/file-structure.sh
cont-init: info: /etc/cont-init.d/file-structure.sh exited 0
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: starting
services-up: info: copying legacy longrun lets-encrypt (no readiness notification)
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully started
[18:55:43] INFO: Selected DNS Provider: dns-ovh
[18:55:43] INFO: Use propagation seconds: 60
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Renewing an existing certificate for SUBDOMAIN
Unexpected error determining zone identifier for DOMAIN: Zone DOMAIN is not deployed
Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: stopping
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: stopping
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: stopping
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: stopping
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully stopped

I don’t understand why this error is occurring now, as I’ve been using the setup for quite some time. Maybe it is linked to the issue I found posted yesterday on the certbot repository. Unfortunately I’m quite the novice with docker never having used it myself, so I was wondering how I can access the log file mentioned there.

I wasn’t able to access the logs but just ran certbot on my machine directly where I got the same error as the one mentioned in the issue.

I handled the warnings in my DNS zone and now it reports as deployed, which causes the addon to work again.

Hey there, is there any way you could add additional details on how you solved your problem?

I’m having the exact same one, but I don’t know how to run certbot manually. Even when I ssh into my HA machine it doesn’t have docker or certbot install. Any help is appreciated!