Unable to run home assistant with docker on raspbian (Tag not found)

Hi all,

I am trying to get home assistant running on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ (Raspbian) with docker.

Yet, when I enter:
docker run -d --name="home-assistant" -v /home/hass/config:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro --net=host homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:0.75.3

I get the error
Tag 0.75.3 not found in repository docker.io/homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant

The same happens for other tags, like latest, or other versions and also if I run docker as root.

I am able to run other docker images that were build for the Raspberry Pi. What am I missing here? Is it an issue that the Pi is a 64-bit one?

Thank you for your help on this!

0.75.3 was only just released a few hours ago, you probably tried too early. The announcement is generally made before all the docker versions are built.
I normally check this link before attempting to update my docker, for if it’s not yet built, it can’t be seen when trying to update the docker.
I don’t know if this also covers the Raspberry Pi versions though…

I also tried other versions, such as 0.75.0. With an identical result:
Tag 0.75.0 not found in repository docker.io/homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant

Which Pi exactly do you have, and what OS is loaded

It is a Pi 3 Model B+, running a Raspbian Stretch Lite (2018-06-27) with kernel version 4.14-52-v7+.

I don’t believe there’s an image for the Pi3 B+ yet so you may have to resort to regular docker…

You mean it won’t work on the Pi3 B+ at all?

So regular docker on another machine?

Why would the error message be tag not found, then? If I try other images that are not for the Pi, I get a different message.

I’m using the same setup, but installed via:

Working great for me.

Just found that there seems to be a 64 bit version of the repo: https://hub.docker.com/r/homeassistant/raspberrypi3-64-homeassistant/

But that still gives me the error: Tag not found

I actually managed to get hass.io running on a Pi as well. However, I think I would prefer the docker alternative.

Try using a newer docker version:

apt remove docker.io
curl -sSL https://get.docker.com | sh

this will uninstall the docker version shipped by debian and replace it with a build by the docker team.