Unable to setup HomeKit bridge

Same issue here. Also with a Unifi device (USG). Tried to do the mDNS & multicat tricks, no solution for me.

I had the same issue with HomeKit Bridge and UDM Pro. I resolved my issue by making sure my phone and Home Assistant were connected to the same network. I have my wifi AP set to be a different subnet than the wired HA server (phone was on 10.100.5.0/24 and the HA server was on 10.100.1.0/24). Once I connected my phone to a wifi AP that was on the same subnet, everything worked as expected.

I’ve stumbled across this thread for while I’m also trying to setup HomeKit (bridge). I have a similar setup to most of the folks here in the thread but I’m not trying to do anything crazy with my local network. My only complicating factor is that I’m running HA inside Docker on a modern Synology. All latest versions, all essentially stock.

Can someone specify exactly which ports and protocols need to pass from my iDevices to the HA docker instance in order for HomeKit bridging to work?

2 Likes

I trying to add a portainer homebridge into home assistant.
It is detected within integrations but when trying to configure it gets stuck, not asking for a pin.
What do I do wrong?

Hmm, none of these works. I simply tried everything, my homeassistant is running on the same network with the appletv. My phone is on the same network. Opened ports 21065,21063,5353, and 8123. Nothing works. Igmp, multicast etc. no combination of these settings work either. I also tried opening every single port from appletv to docker host. Did not work either. When I take down the entire firewall system on synology docker host. Then it works. But when you re-enable the firewall, it starts struggling with the connecting to exposed services. And graded down to a point where nothing works again.

So I guess the only option left is to delete homeassistant and forget about this since even the guides on homeassistant is not a followable guide.

3 Likes

I had this issue too, HA on docker. Fixed by changing network mode to ‘host’

1 Like

I have this issue at the moment too. Any firm fix?

Thank you so much greysave, was pulling my hair out trying to get this sorted. mDNS on the UDM was just the ticket!!

I know this is issue is old-ish… but I had the same issue, and for me changing to network_mode: host fixed it.

It even started detecting more equipments that it didn’t have before, like my printer and Smart TV.

1 Like

I followed all the above mDNS advise for unifi but found issue still persisting, unable to find accessory from the Home App on my iphone.

I fixed my inability to pair by adding port 21064 to my UFW on my server (I run HA on Docker). Found this by looking for blocked connection in the UFW log, I believe your port may vary.

sudo ufw allow 21064/tcp comment homekit

Boom. Worked.

1 Like

As a few others have said, setting the network mode to host on my Home Assistant Docker container was the answer. Bridge connected immediately and HASS auto detected a bunch of other devices I also had on the network:

On my case, after setting the docker to using the home network mode, I also enabled the enable-reflector on the /etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf. After a refresh, it worked.

Made an account here just to say THANK YOU!!! Been tearing my hair out trying to get this to work and this did the trick instantly.