Been a user of HA for many years, used Alexa integration with Emulated hue in past, after I got HomePod I am trying to setup HomeKit bridge and it never worked for me. Recently my Ubuntu box got busted and had to change the SSD and rebuild everything starting from new OS Ubuntu 20. After many days of setup I am back to the way it was and tried whatever I can to setup HomeKit bridge and it does not work.
Here is what I have:
- installed hass.io supervisor enabled on docker on Ubuntu 20
- setup emulated hue and was trying to pair using Alexa app and it never worked and stumbled upon a thread where they mention to speak “Alexa, discover devices” directly and it did find all my devices and works fine even it still does not show under my Alexa app anyway.
- my ultimate goal is to setup Siri integration and get rid of Alexa in my home.
- I also use traefik 2 setup with HA on ssl with my own domain name (using middleware router), I could access HA by directly the IP of the machine or by my domain name, it all works fine as expected.
Here is what I tried:
- setup “HomeKit bridge” from UI using the integration option, no errors, got the pin/QR in notification panel, scanned the QR from my iPhone XR home app, and click connect, it spins for a min and says ‘Accessory Not found’
- removed the homekit bridge from integration, restarted HA, then went directly to the config.yaml and added lines: homekit, advertise_ip, (also port:) , after restart got the QR, but same result, “Accessory Not found”
- tried to see if there are any errors with logger: debug, no errors and no lines for homekit loading or something similar. when I do ‘Restart HomeKit’ from UI option, I get a log saying ‘sevice.reload’ and that’s about it.
- I use Unfi controller and I made sure mDNS is not blocked and port forwarding for 5353,51827,51828 just in case
I checked my docker install of hass.io is in network mode:host
on advertise_ip I provided my Ubuntu machine IP
I almost give up in attempt to setup Siri, any help would be appreciated.
how can I trace who’s fault it is, is it my Siri Home App can’t find it, or something in the network not right, or HA homekit bridge not setup correctly (for the fact that I don’t see any log entries for homekit)
thanks in advance for any help.