Unable to update firmware for Xiaomi smart led bulb essential (white and color) le and

Hi,

I have been trying to update the firmware of this light bulb from 1.3.9 to 2.0.8. The update always get stuck at around 20%…I’ve tried to update firmware through mainland China or UAE server but both routes don’t work. Please help and thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi. I have the same problem. It goes upto 20% and then fails. I’ve tried to update using the Yeelight iOS app but am unable to do so. Does anyone else have a fix ? I’ve tried on China and UAE server too.

I’ve even tried to update the firmware with an Android phone and still the same.

I sent the led bulbs back to amazon and the replacements have the same issues with firmware update too…

I’m so sorry to hear that. I visited the Mi Store in Burjuman Mall and they had no idea about the firmware update or the HomeKit compatibility. I tested a few of their devices and it didn’t add to HomeKit with an updated firmware. I just gave up and will probably look at Tradfri or Lifx, which are HomeKit compatible but temperamental and expensive. I’d you’re willing to wait then maybe the below bulbs will help.

It’s weird as I have other xiao mi smart led light bulbs (exactly the same model) that I manage to update with the latest firmware. I’m not sure what to do next…its ashame as I have already invested in a few smart devices in xiao mi ecosystem and I’m reluctant to move to other brands for that reason.