Unable to upload KNX ETS file (or any media file)

Hi,
I’m running the latest version on Windows 10 via VMware. Grabbed the image, created a new VM. Everything went smoothly. Didn’t touch anything and went straight to configuring my KNX interface and proceeded to upload the ETS. Then realized I can’t upload any files :frowning:

I select the file, click submit and the blue line goes left/right forever. Opening Chrome console shows a request to http://homeassistant.local:8123/api/file_upload but there’s never any response from it. Console doesn’t show any errors.

The same thing happens if I go to media and try to upload something - nothing happens. It just spins until I kill it.

I set the logger to debug but didn’t find anything. Besides this, HA seems to function just fine.

I know it’s my first post and immediately I’m asking for help but would really appreciate if somebody can point me in the right direction. Thank you!

HA core: 2024.8.1

Hi :wave:!
Have you seen this thread (and the solution)? HAOS 13.0 breaks import of ETS Projectfile - #5 by Zaphood

I have never used HA OS, so not sure if this can even work for you - since you are not updating, but using a fresh image. But it may be worth a try.

@farmio thank you! had a look, downgraded, upgraded, upgraded once more - same result :frowning: no changes :frowning: the worst thing is I’m not getting any errors.

After some attempts, I managed to get this

At least you are not alone :grimacing: Unable to upload/parse ETS project file · Issue #444 · XKNX/xknxproject · GitHub

Upload works fine for me with 2024.8.2 and ETS 6.2.2.

I switched to VirtualBox, and everything works fine. So, it’s a VMware bug.

As of today, upload does not work again. Takes forever and never finishes. I am using a Proxmox-VM, not Vmware.