Unable to use HADashboard at all :(

Because of the way its setup through docker it wont let me bind it to a certain port… I just keep getting this error.

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 1043, in create_server
sock.bind(sa)
OSError: [Errno 99] Cannot assign requested address

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/appdaemon/appdash.py", line 296, in run_dash
conf.srv = loop.run_until_complete(f)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 466, in run_until_complete
return future.result()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 1047, in create_server
% (sa, err.strerror.lower()))
OSError: [Errno 99] error while attempting to bind on address ('192.168.1.60', 5050): cannot assign requested address

@quadportnick mentioned this fix in another thread
f = loop.create_server(handler, “0.0.0.0”, int(conf.dash_port))

but because im running it on unraid im not sure how to edit the files docker is using for it, can anyone help me fix it up. Ideally its fixed in the actual file so that I dont have to edit something each time they decide to update HADashboard
Thanks

EDIT
changed the container type to host and it seemed to work okay now.

1 Like

Yes that was going to be my suggestion, had same issue and that was the solution put container in Host Mode.

I just pushed a new release with a lot of docker improvements, so hopefully this should work a lot better without needing to make any edits so the source. There is also a tutorial courtesy of @quadportnick.

Thanks for that @aimc I’ve only just started out with using appdaemon and thought that a docker image would be the easiest way to get into it.

1 Like