Unable to view (basic) cameras via reverse proxy

I’ve setup HA in a Docker container on a Synology DS918+, I’m using reverse proxy to access HA externally (https://ha.mywebsite.com routes to 192.168.86.50:8123).

This works great for everything except viewing the generic camera, it works perfectly via the IP (Both internally and externally if I port forward 8123 to the server and use the external IP).

All cameras appear to buffer (the second time value increments) but never play, there’s a constant loading circle in the middle of the image.

I also have this issue for the Nest camera via the Nest integration. The issue does not happen for WebRTC (But cannot use that for Nest otherwise I’d switch to it).

I have recently upgraded my router from a Google WiFi to a GL-AX1800 but I’ve set port forwarding for 443, as before - I don’t think there are any other settings or changes required for the basic camera?

My SSL is via Cloudflare, my domain is registered with Google Domains but DNS is set to Cloudflares servers.

Reverse Proxy setup:

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can look at to get it working externally?

Did you resolve this as I am seeing the same issue.

I think I would start the free test trial for the Nabu Casa cloud and see if that helps.
Maybe there is something that slows down the connection.

I am also having the problem. I have narrowed it down to MJPG streams in lovelace using a reverse proxy and viewing in safari in OSX or iOS.

If using chrome the cameras view fine.

If accessing locally cameras work find in either browser.

It was Cloudflare - they now block video streams on their free plan…