Unavailable devices clutter up Lovelace Cards

When certain devices becomes unavailable, it shows very differently in the frontend. From the picture, it’s easy to conclude that the only acceptable way to display such a condition, should be default. How can this be controlled, and why isn’t HA consistent in it’s way to display this condition?

These are two different things.

The first and third entities do not exist in home assistant. There is no switch or light configured with that entity id.

The fourth entity does exist in home assistant but has an unavailable state. i.e. it cant be read or calculated.

Hi, and thanks for your reply. I wonder how the first and the third entities disappeared ? All I did was to unplug them. The same is true for numer 4. That’s what caused me to wonder…

Not sure, I don’t use any of those integrations.

I think I read that only some integrations are now using the retained entities that will show as “unavailable” on the UI instead of non-existent.

look in the release notes for the latest update to see if that’s true or not.

It could explain the differences in functionality that your seeing.

So what you are saying is the result is down to decisions taken by “whoever” wrote the integration?
Does that mean that the core HA dev tema has not given any guidelines to such an important situation?
After all - at the end of the day, functionality is #1, but looks should be a good #2 on the priority list.

Here is where I remembered reading that:

It looks like only the entities that are in the entity registry are restored as potentially “unavailable” on start up.

So yes, it depends on the integration if the entities get stored in the registry or not.