[Under New Management] Interactive history explorer custom card

As written: Customzing. See here Customizing entities - Home Assistant

If you don’t have it already outsourced to a e.g. customize.yaml, just add it in configuration.yaml as in doc above and via state_class: total_increasing for this entity.

BTW If you use reply to a post where you are replying and not the blue Reply at the bottom, there is a linkage and notification,

Thanks @arganto Customizations did the trick!

I hope I’m in the right place …
Like the card.
It seems there is an issue with Firefox browser:
I want to enable the history info panl but,
the dropdown menu to enable history info panel only shows 2 options:

• Export as CSV
  • Remove all addid graphs

When I access Home assistant through Chromium browser, everything comes up as it should.

arch linux machine, everything up to date

Firefox Browser 116.0.1 (64-bit)
Chromium Version 115.0.5790.170 (Official Build) Arch Linux (64-bit)

Maybe javascript settings are off or something. I tried to figure it out but couldn’t …

Your firefox browser still uses an old version of the card in its cache. Clear its cache and reload the page.

Yes, I did all that, several times …

edit: I went back and deleted ALL the data and cache for everything in firefox and that fixed it.
There must have been something being saved somewhere that I couldn’t find …

Is there a way to add YAML stuff to the info popup like on the regular explorer i.e. lineMode…?

edit: nevermind… I found it (i know rtfm … )

Hallo, I’m facing really bad performance issues in Firefox using History Explorer Card. I takes 10-20s to show two 1day sensors in the graph and blocking Firefox. In addition, its refreshes permanently and blocking Firefox even more. Its not usable as such. Other browser, such as Edge or the HASS app on android are working fine. Not sure if the topic has been discussed…I cannot find here or in Git.
Any help is appreciated…

Still the same problem. Nobody any idea/hint?

Not really I’m afraid. I’m using Firefox on several devices and never had that problem. Anything in the logs / browser console ?

I recently discovered History Explorer Custom Card while looking for an alternative to Apexcharts (because Apex slows my system down so much).

I’m trying to find a group_by solution in History Explorer, but I don’t see it.

I see some images of card with a drop down that includes HOURLY and other time amounts below the main scale (e.g., 1 day, 2 days, etc.) but I can’t figure out how to make that option appear on my graph.

Here’s what I have:

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thank you.

You are looking for Bar graphs for total increasing entities

Quote from the Documentation:

If the entity does not have this state class, then its type must be explicitly set to bar

Got it – thank you!

can you paste the yaml?

Hello, I have tried to find/figure this out …
The bar graph title is on the same line as the time( hourly,daily…) dropdown.
With a long entity name, the graph title and the dropdown menu overwrite each other

screen

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks, Greg

I think no other card will render this without problems neither (entity card, …). I would reduce the length of the name in your case.

Having both infos in the card on two lines would IMHO be really waste of space for all standard cases with normal length.

But you should be able to move the dropbox with card_mod e.g. below the graph in overwriting the postion of the select or removing the margin-top… Could be your solution in such edge cases if it is not possible to shorten the name for whatever reasons.

+1

In Case you embed that Card on your Dashboard, instead of changing the Entities’ Friendly Name, you could just change the Display Name via yaml-Configuration:

type: custom:history-explorer-card
graphs:
  - type: bar
    entities:
      - entity: sensor.yoursensorentity
        name: ZWSwitch001

yes, I can shorten the name …
I noticed that in a ‘Entities’ card, long names are truncated and then more fully displayed in a tooltip,
maybe that would be a solution …

Selection_005

I know practically nothing about JS, so don’t know what difficulty this would cause to add to the program …
I would be happy to look at it if I knew what portion of the js to begin looking at …

Thanks everyone for your time to answer my questions

1 Like

Nothing special in browser console logs. I also run performance, seems that most time is consumed by rendering the data. Maybe too much data for 1 day which slows down …hmm…odd…

Did you play around with decimation option (global/local)?

type: custom:history-explorer-card
cardName: historycard-2881734
refresh:
  automatic: true
showCurrentValues: true
graphs:
  - type: bar
    title: test
    options:
      interval: daily
    entities:
      - entity: sensor.125_123_1min