[Under New Management] Interactive history explorer custom card

This is amazing… thank you

Any idea why this does not work?
The dynamically added (same sensor) is much closer but the YAML one is garbage? I just want a bar chart showing costs per day.

The netBars key is at the wrong spot. It should be under the entity key, not under the type key.

And are you sure that your sensor actual does contain accumulated cost ? It fluctuates a lot for that. If your cost per day is not a total increasing or net metering entity, then you can’t use bar graphs. Bar graphs with adjustable intervals are only supported for total_increasing or net metering sensors at this time, not randomly changing entities. You’ll have to use line graphs for those I’m afraid. You can use stepped line mode if you don’t want them to interpolate.

Thanks for the answer… so this as close as it can get?

I don’t know, it isn’t really clear to me what you want to achieve.

What does this sensor with the insanely long name represent ? Is it accumulative or not ?

It shows how much the electric costs were the day before. Provided by the energy companies API

This is the data in a stats graph card

Can you post the content of the attributes and entityinformation from developer tools?

Hi,

Using this card for some days now, I was wondering if it is possible to set some global/central defaults for al the existing card (without any overrule settings) and new cards?

That’s not possible with the HA frontend. A specific card instance can only see its own dedicated config.

How I can fill graph when thermostat working as it did on second graph?
Now i have:

type: custom:history-explorer-card
defaultTimeRange: 1d
defaultTimeOffset: 1D
cardName: historycard-94624017
combineSameUnits: true
stateTextMode: auto
tooltip:
  size: slim
refresh:
  automatic: true
legendVisible: false
header: hide
graphs:
  - type: timeline
    entities:
      - entity: light.201_01
        name: Батареи
  - type: line
    options:
      interval: daily
    entities:
      - entity: sensor.201_24_temp
        color: red
        width: 1
        fill: rgba(0,0,0,0)
      - entity: sensor.201_26_temp
        fill: rgba(0,0,0,0)
        color: blue
        width: 1
      - entity: sensor.201_25_temp
      - entity: sensor.boiler_tselevaia_temperatura
        color: purple
uiLayout:
  selector: hide

What do you mean by “fill graph” ?

1. Do you want to “fill color, within/below the graph” ?
  2. Do you want to fill the “interval: daily”, with “fake values” , although/because the day is not over yet ?

Daily = 00:00>24:00 … By Using 24 hour, you get the past 24 Hours
try with “interval: hourly”

You can never fill a graph, with history-data, which does not exist yet

PS Either there is currently “something wrong” with this card ( i never used it with i.e a temp-sensor) but it surely seems to “act” weird now, trying to add a temp-sensor into a “new” card … it just act strange

Remove this, that was what messed it up :wink:

Why? I added it specially to see only today’s data.
I want to see on graph this data, when relay is on, it must be filled.
( 1. Do you want to “fill color, within/below the graph” ?)
now:

You will need a template entity that represents the current temperature when the heater is on and that is unavailable when the heater is off. Then you can graph this using the fill color of your choice. But it’s very difficult to give you advice with your specific entities, as everything is in Cyrillic.

Example:

No it’s not.

What do you mean by that ?

That was mend, because i thought he wanted to show(fill) the graph ( till “now” )

Same as above, i don’t /never used “offset” in the 2 Energy data-set i use in this card

But he explained that the “fill” , was the color , which i was not referring to , as i also don’t use line, nor fill. (only use this card for my Energy-Usage, using “bar”)

Sorry, what ? You lost me there.

If you think something is wrong with the card, I’d like to know what exactly so that it can be fixed.

There is nothing wrong with the card !
it was just when i tried with adding a temp, with line, set to timerange 1d, interval_ hourly , it kept “jumping” 1 day back, so the “whole” day was showed, appearing that it showed the whole day " until now", … However it was 19 Oct, when i clicked to 20, obviously the graph was not “filling” the graph “until now” , meaning it showed the whole day, with graph until noon … are you still lost, i mixed up “ordinary” statistically-graph/chart graph cards, with the history-card, as it obviously are different in the fact it shows “spans” in fixed day/week/month, and not “Fill” the graph- “until-now”

I just didn’t noticed it “jumped” to the 19Oct(for some reason), every time i did a change, but after i change back to 20Oct, i realized the “fixed” span
20.10.2023_12.40.21_REC
20.10.2023_12.39.49_REC

SO, when i removed the offset( having the view on 20th), it “jumped” back to 19th, fooling me to think it “filled” the graph-span (until “now”)

Sorry I don’t understand what you mean.

But just shooting into the blue, there is a difference between defaultTimeOffset: 1D and defaultTimeOffset: 1d. The former will snap to the start of the current day, the later is just a relative offset of 24 hours from whatever the current time may be.

That explains it, and as i didn’t know( or remembered), it messed with my head :wink: and result
I Only use the card with basic settings for Energy-Usage in “bar” ( in custom:expander-card) and to my satisfaction( ever since you "released it, and never touched it since) , otherwise you might have “heard” from me :wink:

btw: if one adds an entity ( in the gui ), it shows the default-color of the entities-history, with “color-fill”
just noticed … You don’t have to explain or wonder what i mean, it’s just an observation( maybe it’s because ive done “something else, somewhere” :), and it’s not relevant for me

Thanks you, its what I want.
Can you post your template’s code?
I think something like that:

{% if is_state('light.201_00', 'on') %}
{{ states('sensor.201_25_temp') }}
{% else %}
unavailable
{% endif %}

its says and work:

Sensor None has device class ‘temperature’, state class ‘measurement’ unit ‘°C’ and suggested
precision ‘None’ thus indicating it has a numeric value; however, it has the non-numeric value:
‘unavailable’ (<class ‘str’>)