Undesirable bind between two devices

Hello,

I recently added a NodOn multifunction relay switch to my setup. It is a farly new zigbee device.
It as been correctly recognised by ZHA and I can control the switch manually or in a script.

But, the ikea ON/OFF switch is binded to it. I don’t know why, I have done multiple reset of both devices, created a fresh new setup of Home Assistant with only those two. Every time the IKEA remote is added to ZHA, it will be binded to the NodOn relay switch.

It is not desired because I want to mute my doorbell depending of the time and replace it with phone notif and flashing connected bulbs. But right now if I connected it, it rings the bell each time I ligh up the kitchen :sweat_smile:.

I am sure it is binded because when I shut down HA and remove the zigbee stick the remote continue to trig the relay switch.
I talk to a NodOn technician, the device works fine on Jeedom. No report of such a behavior. And they don’t give any integration data to Home Assistant community. Maybe it is the zigbee definition of SIN-4-120 who is not correct as the device is pretty new on the market ?

What can I do to investigate this issue ?

Regards

NodOn multifonction relay switch - SIN-4-1-20

{
  "node_descriptor": "NodeDescriptor(logical_type=<LogicalType.Router: 1>, complex_descriptor_available=0, user_descriptor_available=0, reserved=0, aps_flags=0, frequency_band=<FrequencyBand.Freq2400MHz: 8>, mac_capability_flags=<MACCapabilityFlags.AllocateAddress|RxOnWhenIdle|MainsPowered|FullFunctionDevice: 142>, manufacturer_code=4747, maximum_buffer_size=82, maximum_incoming_transfer_size=82, server_mask=11264, maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=82, descriptor_capability_field=<DescriptorCapability.NONE: 0>, *allocate_address=True, *is_alternate_pan_coordinator=False, *is_coordinator=False, *is_end_device=False, *is_full_function_device=True, *is_mains_powered=True, *is_receiver_on_when_idle=True, *is_router=True, *is_security_capable=False)",
  "endpoints": {
    "1": {
      "profile_id": 260,
      "device_type": "0x0002",
      "in_clusters": [
        "0x0000",
        "0x0003",
        "0x0004",
        "0x0005",
        "0x0006",
        "0x0007",
        "0x1000",
        "0xfc57"
      ],
      "out_clusters": [
        "0x0019"
      ]
    },
    "242": {
      "profile_id": 41440,
      "device_type": "0x0066",
        "0x0021"
      ],
        "0x0021"
      ]
    }
  },

TRADFRI on/off switch by IKEA of Sweden

{
  "node_descriptor": "NodeDescriptor(logical_type=<LogicalType.EndDevice: 2>, complex_descriptor_available=0, user_descriptor_available=0, reserved=0, aps_flags=0, frequency_band=<FrequencyBand.Freq2400MHz: 8>, mac_capability_flags=<MACCapabilityFlags.AllocateAddress: 128>, manufacturer_code=4476, maximum_buffer_size=82, maximum_incoming_transfer_size=82, server_mask=11264, maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=82, descriptor_capability_field=<DescriptorCapability.NONE: 0>, *allocate_address=True, *is_alternate_pan_coordinator=False, *is_coordinator=False, *is_end_device=True, *is_full_function_device=False, *is_mains_powered=False, *is_receiver_on_when_idle=False, *is_router=False, *is_security_capable=False)",
  "endpoints": {
    "1": {
      "profile_id": 260,
      "device_type": "0x0820",
        "0x0000",
        "0x0001",
        "0x0003",
        "0x0009",
        "0x0020",
        "0x1000",
        "0xfc7c"
      ],
        "0x0003",
        "0x0004",
        "0x0006",
        "0x0008",
        "0x0019",
        "0x0102",
        "0x1000"
      ]
    }
  },

The word ‘binned’ means to put something in a bin. You are using it like the word ‘connected’. Is this usage regional slang or some sort of translation error?

Probably : Zigbee binding.

the ikea ON/OFF switch is bound to it

1 Like

Yes, of course. Sorry for this mistake. I was refering to binding.
Binding is used to directly command a device, remote and device are still seen and controllable within the zigbee network but they will continue to work even if the zigbee network is shutdown (controller unpluged or HA broken or shutdown).

I will edit my 1st post for better understanding.

Thanks

1 Like

This is a solved, similar problem :

Thanks, it solves the issue.

Step by step if it can be helpfull for somebody:

1 Like