Unexpected error - graphql_subscription_manager

After upgrading to 0.92 my log.file gets filled up with messages llike this (one each and every 15seconds…):

Unexpected error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/graphql_subscription_manager/__init__.py", line 102, in running await self._process_msg(msg)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/graphql_subscription_manager/__init__.py", line 222, in  _process_msg
if msg.get("type") == "init_fail":
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'get'

Could it be one of of the addons? Like ‘Custom Cards Tracker’ which is the last I installed?
Any clues as to what ‘graphql_subscription_manager’ is used for?

I have the same issue after upgrading from 0.88.1 to 0.92, I don’t have Custom Cards Tracker installed, as mentioned by @olealm.

Running Hassio on RPI 3.

I have the same problem after going from 0.92.1 to 0.92.2. Running regular HA in Docker:
2019-05-05 13:44:25 ERROR (MainThread) [graphql_subscription_manager] Unexpected error,
Traceback (most recent call last):,
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/graphql_subscription_manager/init.py”, line 102, in running,
await self._process_msg(msg),
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/graphql_subscription_manager/init.py”, line 222, in _process_msg,
if msg.get(“type”) == “init_fail”:,
AttributeError: ‘str’ object has no attribute ‘get’

Same here…

Ended up rolling back to 0.92.1 again. Id rather have the hue sensor bug than whole HA being screwed :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I might have to do the same.

@hwestman, ok so Custom Cards Tracker is not to blame, good to know.
I guess this confirmes it as a 0.92.2 introduced bug. Think I’ll just roll back here too, until there is a fix.

Are you by any chance using the Tibber component? If so, have a look here: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/23630
If you don’t want to wait, update manually: pip install graphql-subscription-manager==0.2.11

PS! I’m runnning Hass.io, so I just added the Tibber dev-merge to my custom_components for now.

Vegard (using Tibber and got the same error)

1 Like

Yes, indeed I do. Found out yesterday that it has to do with Tibber and will be ok in 0.92.3 (or 0.94).

Not sure if there is a way to update that module only in Hassio.
At any rate, have rolled back to v 0.92.1, and will wait until the official update.

Thanks for the heads-up! I am using Tibber as well. This would perhaps explain why my real time electricity consumption sensor would not report data as well. Can I ask how you figured out it was Tibber? I could perhaps have guessed since I know Tibber uses Graphql, but as far as I could see it could have been any component. Any pointers would be appriciated, for next time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I wish I could say it was due to my immense wisdom and intelligence, but sadly no :wink: Was more a matter of putting two and two together and let Google give me the answer. My realtime sensor in Tibber was not working, and the only other thing failing (that was new) in the log was the graphql component. Googled these two and found the solution on another forum :slight_smile:

It is fixed in latest dev version.
So you have to wait for next release of HASS or run pip install graphql-subscription-manager==0.2.11

3 years later, still an issue. Thankfully i’m going away from the tibber shite as they now “estimate” your usage and then “borrow money” from you literally a month after i joined, then charged me for 1.5 months with full power bill BEFORE the damn state compensation and before my pay 6 days prior. And now the annoying cpu core hog. So fuck them lol.