Unfolded Circle Remote Two tips and tricks

Ok, las post before I get totally frustrated with this again. How do I select my TV channel logos (that I have uploaded)?

The only options I have are for icons?

I read somewhere the TV Icons is a feature not yet enabled.

Oh. Really?

I saw pictures of it in the unofficial Google doc someone put together and assumed it was implemented. That would explain the lack of instructions.

Found it Discord

1 Like

Oh so you can do it. You just have to upload them as icons. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks … updated the syntax and works fine. Also works on my NAD AVR (which is in our main home theatre setup) if anyone is looking:

alias: NAD mute toggle
sequence:
  - service: media_player.volume_mute
    target:
      entity_id: media_player.nad_receiver
    data:
      is_volume_muted: "{{ not state_attr('media_player.nad_receiver', 'is_volume_muted') }}"
mode: single

Here’s a tip about icons.

I created a bunch of 90x90 MDI icons. They did not look good on the remote. Too much white for that lovely colour display and I needed text as well as icons for some of the more obscure pictograms.

I started perusing the flatiocons website but I could not find a set of icons that covered everything I needed that I liked. Then I remembered I already have a bunch of fancy buttons in home assistant. So I took a screenshot on the highest resolution display I have (my iPad pro was better than my desktop) and cut them up into icons. It worked great on a 3x5 grid which only required me dropping one or two of my extreemly rarely used functions (I can always pop into Home Assistant for that.

After I finish the rest of the activities I’ll upload the images if anyone wants them

3 Likes

That would be great … I’ve done a bunch of icons but they aren’t uniform so something like what you’ve done would be much appreciated.

I’d love a copy when they’re ready thanks.

This is what I have so far:

Custom Menu Icons.zip (362.3 KB)

I’ve got a bit of spare time right now so if there are more you want just let me know:

1. The MDI icon names
  2. What text (if any) you want on them.
1 Like

Ok, I’ll check the text buttons I have and compare with your icons. I have a Beyonwiz T4 DVR and the R2 doesn’t cater for a lot of the hard buttons.

Blast from the past! I used to be quite an active member of the Beyonwiz forum. I haven’t been there for 16 years. I have no idea what email address I used to sign up let alone my password. Looks like the forum has dropped the ancient P1 and S1 model discussions, my post count is now only 25 instead of thousands :smile:

That’s funny, I had a P2 prior to this one. I am short on the following icon buttons Timer, Recordings, TV Guide

Absolutely no urgency, much appreciate the offer, be nicer than straight TXT.

EDIT: technically the last two are Media and EPG. Whatever fits :grinning:

Thanks for the icons, downloaded them :slight_smile:

1 Like

This one has the following added for you to choose from:

• media_2
  • recordings (does not fit well)
  • timer
  • epg (same as existing “guide”, different text).
  • tv_guide (not the best fit)

Custom Menu Icons V2.zip (415.6 KB)

1 Like

That’s awesome, thanks so much! Agree with your comments I’ll stick with the better fitting designs.

1 Like

These are great, a few more if you can (text in brackets)?

• page_next (page down)
  • page previous (page up)
  • television_box (live)
  • soccer_field (sports)
  • delete (delete)
  • skip_next (skip)
  • replay (replay)
  • sort-calendar-descending (previous)
  • sort-calendar-ascending (next)

Thanks!

Here you go:

Custom Menu Icons v3.zip (487.2 KB)

1 Like

@tom_l much appreciated.

1 Like

I have the R2 configured perfectly to control my whole HT, but at the moment it’s mostly a one way device i.e. it sends commands via IP, but doesn’t display back information.

I’ve been trying to figure out how to display the processor’s active input and current volume in an activity (Lyngdorf MP60). I have sensors that show that information in HA and as an entities on the R2, but there is no possibility of adding those sensors to an activity (like " Watch Apple TV" for example).
I was thinking of having HA cast an image with the information and use the Media component button to display it on one of the activity’s pages, but I’m not quite sure how to do that. I’ve also tried creating a custom media player for the Lyngdorf, but totally failed.
Ideally I would like to replicate part of the Lyngdorf iOS or android app on the R2, but just getting volume and input would be great while having an activity open would be awesome.

Any ideas how I can get that to work?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like