Unifi device unable to connect to UniFi Protect HA Integration

I need help to figure out the following problem.

1. HA 2024.3.0 and Unifi Protect with v2.x (G4 Doorbell) was working.
  2. Unifi Protect updated itself to 3.x - HA Integration stopped working.
  3. Updated HA to 2024.3.1 - Thought this would have been fixed (didn’t read the info about the 2024.3.2 update should fix it), but it wasn’t.
  4. At this point I decided to remove the device from the HA Integration and waited till 2024.3.2 was released.
  5. Version 2024.3.2 (and .3) were released and now I can’t re-integrate the device via the HA Integration.

These are my settings while I try to re-integrate the doorbell:

My biggest problem, I do not have any error in the HA Core Log. Is there some option to force some logging while the integration throws this kind of exception?

I also had removed the doorbell from my unifi console and re adopted it. Still not working.

Hope some can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

Ok need some clarity on your current state. There’s a lot of ‘I was but now.’- makes it really hard to follow. Let’s level set. Ignore the past. Just current state.

What are you running Protect on? Cloud key? UDM? Addon?

What version is that protect instance currently on?

Is it running and can it see the doorbell?

Are there any other protect devices?

If yes can you see those in protect?
Can you see the other devices in HA?
(if the integration isn’t installed at all ignore this question)

Did you remove the entire protect integration from HA?

If no is it running?

If it’s running what do you see in HA from protect?

You are currently on HA v. 2024.3.3?

You should be using the IP of the device that is running Unifi Protect. Not the IP of the camera. The integration connects to Unifi Protect itself and will “import” any Protect devices once connected. You do not add the devices individually.

I feel so dumb. :man_facepalming:
That indeed solved my problem. I really thought I had tried this too, but clearly I did not.

1 Like

Happens to the best of us.

1 Like