Unifi Mfi Mpower MQTT howto

Hello everyone!
I spent a part of tonight’s evening setting up my unifi Mfi Mpower pro with MQTT to control all the ports from home assistant and to allow me to monitor the power usage of my washing machine and alert me when it is done.
I have used the MQTT client available here and the walk-through is here
I hope this can help some people

3 Likes

Looks cool! Can i use this with a dell server? to monitor power usage? Is there a max wattage it can or can’t handle?

Why don’t you google and find out?

As @nickrout said, on the manufacturer’s website it says 16A per plug and 16A total.

what does 16a mean?

Really? It is 16A where A=Amperes, the unit of current flow.

1 Like

I just want to say thanks for this! I’ve been using SSH and the command line to control mine, which has worked, but I imagine this will make everything faster and more robust!

Thanks a lot for sharing this! I currently have mFi set up via a (docker) controller, but it is so very finicky and the mPower and mPort devices lose connection so often!
A question, if I may: I have 6 mPowerPro (6 outlet) devices. Would I be able to make an seperate mpowerpro#.yml per device and call that from configuration.yml? That way, I could set one up and then duplicate that file for the others…

I’m fairly new at homeassistant but I believe you could, with the “!include” directive

1 Like

time to grab the :popcorn:

Thanks a lot! That looks to be the way to do it. Sorry for my tardy response :upside_down_face:

I just installed Home Assistant because I have been eager to find a current platform that supports my 15 mFi mPower devices. The original Ubiquiti mPower control software worked for me for several years with many useful automations, but I am tired of trying to keep it working.
I was initially disappointed that Home Assistant did not support mFi devices with a simple config edit.
I will start trying to learn about MQTT and take advantage of the information you have posted!

Happy to have helped!