Unifi Protect (failed to connect)

There is no need for name calling. It’s clear you’re frustrated this week – both with people complaining that the integration isn’t working, as well as with the HA Core maintainers who didn’t see the need to push the change out more quickly.

Perhaps you’re just doing things in a way that isn’t congruent with the way Ubiquiti does things – as you’ve just detailed. Your desire to use enums when that doesn’t align with the source API could be part of the problem. While it is the best practice, it doesn’t lend itself to working with a vendor who makes changes willy-nilly.

Aside from your hubris, is there any reason why you can’t use strings and solve this issue? Or, barring that, include error handling that doesn’t throw up its hands at the slightest issue?

Regardless, most of what you’ve just said doesn’t address why the HA UniFi Network integration doesn’t seem to break. Certainly not as badly as the Protect one does. So perhaps it is an issue in how you’re doing things.

Confirming that HA update resolving the issue.
To be honest I’m very grateful that there is a group of people who has a will to contribute and deliver the plugin. Even if sometimes is broken still gives a lot of value.
It’s open source so we take it as it is.
Many thanks.

Can i ask what versions of software you have for HA & Unifi Protect?

I have latest of both (offical not early access) and still get “Failed to connect”

+1 :
Protect 3.0.26

• Core 2024.4.2
  • Supervisor 2024.04.0
  • Operating System 12.2

failed to connect error when setting up. Have previously had it working, using same credentials. Was initially hit by the dumb EA bug from unifi and thought I just needed to reinstall to get rid of the EA alert when the camera streams went down. Whoops

have read the recent threads. Am aware it’s a complex issue and will take time. Just posting for ?value of having more info & appreciate the work you do AngellusMortis.

After updating to 2024.4.4 I was able to set up the protect integration without an error message.
protect hasn’t been updated or changed
unclear as to why it works or what is different, but it’s fixed for me

I’ve had a steady Unifi Protect connection for the past month or so, but woke up this morning to HA telling me my Unifi Protect ‘Authentication Expired’. I put in the local username and pwd and received a message stating ‘Invalid Authentication’. I changed the local pwd and got the same result.

Anyone else seen this?

same problem here

I had what I thought was a local account but by virtue of it having been connected to the cloud at one time it - was considered a cloud account at one time (by some unknown rule) and the UniFi integration was barking at me about the upcoming mfa stuff.

I killed the account and rebuilt it completely locally on the UDM and it hasn’t complained yet. Did you ever give that account you’re using a external email or hook it to the cloud?

No. The account is not linked to an email address and I have never accessed it outside my LAN.

Now my unifi integration also failed. I am on 4.0.3

1 Like

Ah I’m still on a 3.0.x build…

Looks like some issues with EA 4.0.3:

Go into Unifi Console and create a new local user account for HA. The Protect integration logged in on 1st attempt. Trying to set up Network integration is not fixed by this method.

I’m having the same issue, “unknown error occurred”

• Core 2024.5
  • Operating System 12.2
  • Protect 3.0.26

I’m using a local Unifi user.