Unifi Protect G4 Doorbell with Ring Chime

Here in Australia we can’t get Unifi Smart Chime devices as far as I know. I’ve been using a Ring Doorbell for a while with a Ring Chime Pro, but wanted to shift to a Unifi G4 Doorbell for local data. The G4 is a great doorbell, but as expected not easy to hear inside without a chime. Phone notifications are OK but not always the only answer.

Sharing my fix in case it works for anyone else.

I read about the Ring Chime being accessible as a siren so until we can get a Unifi Smart Chime, I now have the following working automation:

alias: "Security: Doorbell chime"
description: Call Ring Chime when Unifi G4 Doorbell is rung
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - binary_sensor.front_doorbell_doorbell
    to: "on"
condition: []
action:
  - service: siren.turn_on
    data:
      tone: ding
      volume_level: 1
    target:
      entity_id: siren.living_area_chime_siren
mode: single

It works great - and to my pleasant surprise it’s almost instant.

3 Likes

Hey this is awesome, in same boat myself. Brand new user to HA and not even sure where to go with this. I look for automation to match your descriptors and i don’t see anything close.

EDIT: I think I am getting closer, found the trigger for the chime and the code in the automation. I cant find the doorbell trigger for the g4 pro. I will keep looking

Thanks!

This is what mine is under… and its states are on or off…binary_sensor.g4_doorbell_pro_doorbell

This really helped me, I’ve got the Unifi G4 doorbell and a Ring Chime. Works perfectly.

1 Like

Does the Ring Chime work locally? Or do you need a ring account?

The Ring integration is a cloud service, not local. You will need an account

Do you need a paid subscription to Ring for this?

No, subscription is not needed.

Did anyone got the volume_level adjusted? In my case it’s always the level as assigend within the mobile app (same for motion and ding). However, I also use the “motion”-chime when the washing machine is done and there I want a more pleasent volume level…