UniFi Security Gateway

0.96.x fixed a few things that 0.95 broke for me. Unfortunately this wasn’t one of them.

There is an update to the Unifi official components coming in the next release. I was planning on letting that land before updating this component.

2 Likes

Is that the 0.96.3 release? Or 0.97?

0.97 release I believe

Thanks John. Will sit tight and see what that delivers.

It appears there was an issue with component dependency definitions introduced in 0.96 that was mentioned in the Discord chat.
While I have not absolutely identified the root cause, some tweaks that I had made to the code alongside upgrading to 96.3 appear to have fixed the issue.
Latest build available on github and HACS, please let me know if the problem persists for anyone.

4 Likes

Just updated the component via HACS and I can confirm that it’s working perfectly again on 0.96.3.

Thanks for getting this sorted, @jchasey!

Could this be used to monitor the status of other devices? I’d like to know if my Unifi switches or APs drop offline.

That is probably best done with the UniFi device tracker component.

1 Like

Updated via HACS and it worked great.

Thanks!!

I upgraded tonight and things seem to be back online… Thanks for the update!

Any chance we can get the speed test metrics as part of the sensor? That’d be so neat…

I know it will prob be capped at around 160mbps for USG3P and 300-400 something for USG4P, but it would still be neat to get those bits of info directly from the USG. Waiting for the UDM Pro to be available, it’s in my wish list.

UPDATE:
Nevermind, just checked your docs. It’s an attribute in WWW. I am just gonna grab it from there and put it on a template sensor!
Awesome!

I did something wrong but dont know what. I downloaded the files and placed it in config/custom_components/unifigateway after that I configured my configuration file like it it described but after restart of HomeAssistant I don’t see the Sensors. what am I missing.

Still get the OK messages. Can you give me a direction?

If the old code you quoted is what you’re using, that’s an issue. That file has been updated in the repo.

@BobPuts Have you considered using HACS to install and manage your custom_components, this tool will make the process of maintaining current version simple.

1 Like

Thanks got it to working. @cdrom1028 @gohassgo

2 Likes

@BobPuts good deal!

I installed the component through HACS and setup a bunch of sensors.
Unfortunatly the sensors only receive there values once on restart and not at regular bases.

Tried to debug with leaving sensor out of my configuration.yaml, but thats not helpen.
Also I don’t see any related errors in the logging…

Anybody facing the same problem and/or has an idea where to look or how to fix it?

I’ve just installed it via HACS too and unfortunately it’s not working for me.

I’ve configured it to pull all values but only two seem to work - gateway_alerts and gateway_firmware_upgradable both show 0, whilst all of the other sensors report UNKNOWN.

If anyone is able to help me resolve the issue i’d be very grateful. I’d initially thought it was a rights issue but i’ve created a new user with Super Administrator rights and I can see in the logs that the account is being used to connect, but beyond that I can’t determine the cause of the problem.