Unifi Switches POE control

Hmm I find the values (down hoe much Poe is used eland enabled them maybe I am missing it, but thanks if I can’t find them Monday I will elaborate.

Still I can’t find anywhere where to set options for Poe control anywhere

Check entity registry for disabled entities. Enable the poe ones you’re interested in

Is it possible to add PoE Power Cycling feature? Most of the time that’s what we need, turning off and then back on is a bit finicky.

Thanks @Robban my issue was that my unifi integration “admin” was no admin at all but was an viewonly account, stupid that i missed that.

1 Like

Awesome you figured it out!

Yes it is possible

1 Like

PR is up Add PoE power cycle button to UniFi integration by Kane610 · Pull Request #104332 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Its been merged, try it out in the 2023.12 beta feedback is appreciated.

1 Like

Anyone having issues with turning on/off PoE recently? I’m on Unifi 3.9.2 and using USW 24 PoE (6.6.53) … have found over the last couple of weeks that turning on and off a port via UI, after a second or so, it goes back to off and often is showing unknown. No changes have been made to my setup other than some recent firmware updates

I have a recent issue that might be related. My Unifi devices keep going offline / away in the integration, if I restart the Unifi integration they all start reporting again but then after a random amount of time (could be 5mins could be 40) they show as away and stop reporting. Started 2-4 weeks ago from what I can tell.

My PoE issue also began a few weeks ago. What is the best way to trouble shoot this? Would turning on debug and flipping them on and off be helpful? Seems to go back to off after 1-2 seconds

Good question, I’ve turned on debug logging but haven’t seen anything strange come through. I’m also unsure exactly where / what I should be looking for so… :person_shrugging:

Does anyone have a sample automation to turn off these POE ports for a set period of time or battery percentage to save tablet battery life? I’m running FKB so I can get the battery percentage, just not sure when they should be off vs on. I don’t think we want the batteries to stay at 100% correct?

- service: switch.turn_off
            entity_id: switch.24_port_managed_poe_switch_retic_controller_poe
          - delay: "00:00:03"
          - service: switch.turn_on
            entity_id: switch.24_port_managed_poe_switch_retic_controller_poe

I assume what you want to achieve is to power cycle the device? There is a button entity exposed per PoE port that you can trigger to achieve just that.

What is the ‘off’ time period when using the button?

I have no idea, you can easy try it to figure it out :slight_smile:

Thanks. Was more looking for an automation that determines when to turn off/on the port based on the tablet’s charging status. For example, when the tablet charging status reaches 80%, turn off the POE port. Then when it drops to 20%, turn back on the port. The thing is, I don’t know what those recommended values. Has anyone does this?

Well that’s easy enough, the best for battery life is somewhere around 40~80 I believe.

Hi there, I successfully use the unifi integration, great work, thank you!

I have one issue though. Recently I wanted to toggle POE on my MK2 USW48, so I enabled the “power” entity for respective port. But it is shown as a sensor, not a button (as I need to remotely cycle POE). Any idea, why I cannot see the buttons, but only energy consumption or RX/TX entities?