2. Selected Switch device w/ PoE ports
  3. Ports

4. Port Manager

5. Selected each PoE port I wanted to control and name them

6. Reload Unifi integration
  7. Success
1 Like

Works for me, I skipped step 6, but still works

Was it just the name here you renamed? If so I just tried those on my 24-PoE switch and no change :frowning:

So for mine, I login, looks like this

Specific port is below, I just renamed, reloaded the Unifi integration and its (still) working knock wood.

Thanks it’s working now, for what ever reason I had to re-toggle the port entity in HA

Hi all, this looks to be so handy, especially the POE control. I have installed the application however I have no POE switches available in HA.
After reading the UniFi Network page again I see that the app does not support UniFi Infrastructure. I have all UniFi Infrastructure, switches, APs, Cameras my UDM and yes also the doorbell :frowning:
Not sure why the UniFi Infrastructure is not supported, but is there any plans to incorporate the UniFi products moving forward?

UniFi network integration is about network infrastructure (gateway, switch, ap, pdu) and its generic network clients. PoE port control entities are disabled by default so you will have to go into your entities list and enable the ports you want to control. I’ve put in a change request to update the documentation to be inline with the current implementation.

Cameras are exposed through the UniFi protect integration.

Arrrr awesome, yep found them, thank you

Cheers

OK was testing this today, so as someone else mentioned when using a port profile the on/off commands are ignored on the 7.4.x + controller.

Also noticed it took about 11 seconds for the controller to flop back to the correct state after changing state.

@Robban doesn’t fix the port profile thing, but is it possible to wire up a service for “PoE Power Cycling” as thats what most use cases need where we need to reboot a “stuck device”. (Dunno if they expose an API for that command however)

What do you mean?

The previously reported PoE control issue reported here unifi switch entities for PoE do not function correctly · Issue #95207 · home-assistant/core · GitHub, has been fixed Improve set PoE port mode by Kane610 · Pull Request #423 · Kane610/aiounifi · GitHub and released in 2023.8.2 2023.8: Translated services, events, and wildcards! - Home Assistant and has been reported solving the issue on 7.4.156 controller software.

What is the port profile thing?

If you set the “Ethernet Port profile” then turning PoE on and off doesn’t work. If those fixes previously fixed that issue then it’s come back again. This is Controller 7.4.162

If there is an API for Power Cycle that would be preferential as thats a much better way to reboot devices.

I have never seen anyone reporting an issue on this. Please open a GitHub issue.

Oh weird, it’s because of this thread that I worked out on/off doesn’t work because of port profile… someone above mentioned that which led me to say it’s broken again :frowning:

Be careful stating something you don’t know for truth, might have a ripple effect.

This was what I was referring too. I can create a new Github issue for you either way.

If you experience the issue please create an issue, and share debug logs with an example

1 Like

Did you ever setup an automation for this? I’m in the same boat and don’t want to damage the batteries in my tablets.

I can’t seem to find wherever I can enable Poe control? Die I have to have a specific version of the integration of UniFi?

Since the reimplementation of poe control in unifi integration the entities are always created. But they are disabled. So you need to enable the poe controls you are interested in