Unifi Switches POE control

Hi Robban,
was the POE port switch functionality ever enabled? I am hoping to be able to switch POE on and off on switch ports. Thanks so much.

No its paused right now as. Once Iā€™m ready with some rewrites of backend stuff Iā€™m gonna look at completing it. I want to avoid changing stuff before Iā€™ve refactored things to a more scalable architecture.

2 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

How do i make the script executable? Im getting error 127. I can run the scripts from the web terminal, but running them in an automation gives me that error.

I recently ran a poe line to my wall tablet so now itā€™s always charged but for safety and battery longevity I want to shut it off at 80% and turn it back on at 20% so really looking forward to the poe control.

1 Like

After far too long Iā€™ve finally reworked the UniFi library so to provide generic PoE port control Expose UniFi PoE ports as individual switches by Kane610 Ā· Pull Request #80566 Ā· home-assistant/core Ā· GitHub

Try it out in nightly once merged or for the GitHub repo

Feedback appreciated!

3 Likes

Hi @Robban, thanks for all the updates! Just a question, is it possible (now) to turn turn on/off the POE of a specific port? Or do I need to find the entity that is connect to the port?

I want to setup a timer (with the HACS schedular card) to turn on / off a Raspberry PI (PiHole) on specific times.

Great to hear that this change is now done. I will try it as soon as it gets a stable release.
Do you plan on adding a POE power ā€œsensorā€? This would make my switch even more useful.

Yes, its available on dev right now, beta for 2022.11 on Wednesday.

2 Likes

That will come later on, Iā€™m reworking all switches right now and then I will also rework the sensors and device trackers as well.

1 Like

Thanks Robban for great work, much appreciated. One question though: I have these three POE switches now as of 2022.11.0. Great. But how do I know which one is which? I am a bit hesitant to test them out manually as that could break my Wifi and / or uplink.

Hmm, seems there is ā€™Portā€™ under more info (as well as power consumption). However, all my three POE switches display ā€™5ā€™ as port, with equal power consumptionā€¦

All new Poe entities are disabled by default. You can remove the old Poe entities by disabling Poe support in the config entry options.
The old PoE implementation creates entities belonging to a specific client rather than a switch. Naming should also reflect that.

That would probably be the old implementation as there is no extra attributes with the new implementation

Thanks, disabling the Poe option first and then re-enabling got rid of the old entities. Consequently found the by-default-disabled new entities and enabled the one I need to be able to control. Problem solved, thank you very much for splendid support and quick reaction!

Awesome! Great it sorted itself out! I intend to remove the old implementation with the 2022.12 release.

I am trying to controll network access with the unifi integration. I it worked before but now it doesnt make a switch for each device i add?

Atleast i cant find any switches.

They are disabled by default, you have to enable them

Ahh found it. But this only removes POE on a port, the integration can not block he whole port from the network?

No they just switch the POE power as far as I can tell